Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

A Pop of Color

To me there is no feeling more satisfying than looking down at my hands and seeing bright and happy colors splashed on my nails. Having painted nails makes me feel so much more put together and confident; it's such a simple detail that has such a large impact on someone's overall appearance. Plus it doesn't hurt to have something pretty to look at while I type in numbers and codes in my cubicle all day!

Unfortunately, as with most things in my life since I became a broke college student with eyes much bigger than my wallet, I can't always afford the time or money it takes to go get a professional manicure. But that's no excuse to have bare nails! 

You can easily give yourself a great and quick manicure without all the fuss that salons put in. Plus painting nails is such a relaxing activity. If I really want to unwind, lighting a candle and turning on one of my shows while I paint my nails is the perfect 30 minute break from the constant chaos and chatter of my daily life. It's also a fun way to make laying out by the pool a little more productive!

I'll admit it...I do have a bit of an obsession with buying nail polish. Right now I'm having a love affair with my newest purchase, 'Bikini So Teeny' by Essie! I got six compliments the first day I wore it - a strange thing to compliment but it put a smile on my face all the same!

(Bikini So Teeny - Essie)

Summer is the best season for nails because there are no limits! No color too bright, and the bolder the better if you ask me! I am also currently obsessing over Essie's naughty nautical collection for summer 2013 - I've already bought three of them! (Like I said...it's a bit of an addiction). 

 (Essie Naughty Nautical Summer 2013 Collection)

What are some of your favorite colors for summer? Any suggestions? I'm currently searching for a great new shade of pink!

xoxo

1 comment