Chase After Your Dreams - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Chase After Your Dreams

I'm not sure what it is, but lately I have been more inspired and ambitious than ever. Its like the world just opened up to me for the first time, and I am suddenly seeing opportunity every direction I look. I'm starting to realize dreams I never knew I had before, and I'm beyond motivated to pursue all of them!

Although sometimes I feel like there's not enough time in the day, lately I feel as if time can't move quickly enough. All I want to do is explore more opportunities, have new adventures, and discover more dreams that lie waiting for me.

As cliché as it sounds, I can't think of another way to describe the way I have been feeling lately other than saying that just when things seemed their absolute darkest, it was like I found myself all over again. I have never felt more like myself, more free, more inspired, or more driven and excited about the future and what is in store for me.

I can't take all of the credit for this newfound motivation, however. One of my close friends, Dakota Isaacs, has had a tremendous amount of success in her life lately and I couldn't help but be a little envious! She chased her dreams and went after the things she wanted and pulled it off! She has landed two incredible fashion PR internships in New York City this summer, and in the fall she is jetting off to Barcelona for the semester! (What a life, right?)

Hearing all about how she went after what she wanted without hesitation made me realize that is exactly the type of person I have always prided myself upon being, and I'm ashamed to admit I had been slipping on it for a long time.

I feel like I have finally taken charge of my life for the first time in (*gulp*) over a year, but let me tell you - nothing has ever felt better. Already things have begun to fall into place for me like this blog, becoming a brand representative for Krass & Co, getting a bonus at my summer internship, cleaning out my closet for the first time in my life, and planning another trip abroad for my fall senior semester! (Australia, Italy or Barcelona - any thoughts?!)

It really does just go to show you that, especially when you're in your 20s, the world is truly at your fingertips. There are no limits to what you can do, you just have to put yourself out there and trust that life has a funny little way of working itself out.

Re-examine your life as it is right now - how many of your dreams are you actually pursuing? 


"The only failure in your 20s is inaction. Everything else is trial and error."
                                       -Danny Rubin

xoxo

No comments