Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

A BIG Thank You!

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude today, because a couple of my 'blog world' friends have nominated me for the Liebster award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! And here I thought my dad and my little sister in my sorority were the only ones reading this thing...Thank you so much Lindsay, Hunter, and J. Parker!



You all are too sweet! Okay so truthfully I really have no idea what these little awards things are or what they mean, but from what you guys posted on your blogs this is what I have gathered about the rules of these things!

For the Liebster award (thanks again Lindsay and Hunter)...
This one recognizes smaller blogs (like little old me!) that have potential! Now you guys are making me blush :)

The rules are as follows:
1. Thank whoever nominated you somewhere in your post 
2. Place the picture of the award in your post
3. Answer some fun facts about yourself, at the request of whoever nominated you!
4. Pass this along to other bloggers you think deserve it!
5. Ask whoever you nominate a couple fun facts as well.

What a fun award! And my dear friend J. Parker also nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! (These things seem to be going around the blogosphere right now, but I think its super fun!) Thank you so much! Seriously I really was beginning to wonder if anyone ever read this thing besides my friends that I force to read it.......

This award seems to have pretty much the same rules as above, and to avoid overwhelming you guys with facts about myself (even though I know I'm super interesting - just kidding!) I'm going to condense the questions a little bit (hope you guys don't mind!) to avoid writing an autobiography. 

1. What is your favorite trend right now?
Metallics with Neutrals! (Doing a post on this soon!) Totally in love.

2. What is your dream job?
If money were no object I would love to travel the world and be a photographer! I used to be really into photography and lately I have kinda dropped it with my busy schedule. Definitely on my to-do list to pick that back up again!

3. What is your favorite nail polish color?
LOVE this question - you all know how addicted I am to nail polish. I would have to say Essie's Bikini So Teeny - its just too adorable!

4. What is your guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
Guilty? Never. Netflix addict and totally proud of it - I swear I watch netflix when I do absolutely everything, even my homework! I guess if there was one show I would say is a "guilty" pleasure though, it would have to be Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I love to hate that show - it's like a train wreck that I just can't stop watching.

5. What is your favorite store to shop at?
Well my favorite store to "dream" shop at - aka put things in my cart pretending I'm a millionaire and then close out of the tab when I'm done - is probably Kate Spade or Nordstrom. My favorite store I can actually afford is J.Crew!

6. If you could purchase one "splurge" item what would it be?
I have been seriously lusting after a Barbour jacket. I saw them on a post on college prepster and I have been obsessed ever since! Definitely on my christmas list this year.

7. (I'm blending two questions a little bit here) What is your ideal vacation spot/What city would you most love to live in?
I would absolutely love to live anywhere in Europe, especially somewhere in Italy. I fell in love during my study abroad last summer when I went to Rome and have been dying to go back ever since. I really want to live in Europe for at least a year or two before I settle down one day. (And by settle down I of course mean become a crazy dog lady and live alone forever...)

8. Navy or Pink?
I really am not the biggest fan of pink, even with my love of all things preppy. I'm going to cheat a little bit and say navy with coral, because I have been seriously loving that this summer!

9. What is your favorite animal?
DUH. Easy one - polar bear! I even have a little stuffed one from the zoo that I sleep with every night (yes I'm still a five year old, deal with it!) named Puff. Best snuggle buddy out there, people.

10. Why did you start blogging?
That's a loaded question. I had kinda just hit a road block in my life, and I was desperately grasping for something - anything - to get my life back on track. I found a gaping hole in how I spend my time all of a sudden, and I needed a project to fill my time and snap me out of it. It is by far my favorite thing I have ever done. I'm still learning a lot, but I love it more and more every day! (Even the days I get frustrated or am feeling just too damn lazy to put in the effort...)

I am nominating these blogs for both awards as well, with the same questions! Can't wait to see all of your responses!


xoxo

7 comments

  1. My favorite colors are navy and coral too! I love getting to know more about you through this post :)

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm totally in love with that combo!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being nominated, how exciting!!!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your nom! I love getting to read about other bloggers like myself!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! This was fun getting to know a little bit more about you - heheh even though I totally already consider us blogging biffles because I'm just a creeper like that! >:]

    Oh girl, I feel you about Netflix though. I have been binge watching shows left and right ALL. SUMMER. LONG. I think my parent's poor TV is going to have the Netflix logo burned into the screen by the time I leave. Woof!

    I hope you have a fun (and a little bit wild & crazy) first weekend back at school!

    xx,
    j. parker


    ReplyDelete