Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essential Apps for College Students

I seriously don't know how our parents survived college without the amazing technology we have today. Can you imagine homework and research papers without google?? I would die. Some technology is definitely more helpful than others, of course. Since I have been at Miami these are the apps that I consider to be the most essential - for my social life and my studies - in college. And best of all they're "all" free! (Full disclosure, PicFx costs $.99, but its worth it!)



1. PicFx - This is my favorite app for editing pictures on instagram. It has so many great options and it only costs $.99 Definitely worth it! 

2. Study Blue: Make flashcards, see your classmates' flashcards, get feedback on your score, and review the ones you missed. This is by far the most helpful app I have downloaded since I started at Miami - I use it for every single exam and my grades have definitely improved since I downloaded it.

3. Mint: Manage your finances and your budget all in one app with minimal effort! It connects to your bank accounts and shows you exactly what you're spending your money on. You can even set budgets for categories like shopping or restaurants per month and it will warn you when you're over your limit!

4. Circle of 6: This app is amazing. You choose your circle of friends, and with the touch of a button this app can give your friends your location for help getting home or discreetly ask for an interruption from an uncomfortable situation.

5. Starbucks: Tells you exactly what's in all of your favorite drinks, including calorie counts and ingredients. Perfect for all those late-night study sessions.

6. Wikipanion: Because who can write a term paper without our good friend wikipedia? Great for answering a quick question if your teacher puts you on the spot.

7. MyHomework: Keeps track of your schedule, class locations, assignments, quizzes and exams right on your phone. I still keep a planner (can't live without mine!) but this is great if I'm out and need to double check the due date of an assignment on my phone. You can even set reminders so you never miss a deadline!

What are your most life-saving apps for college?

xoxo

5 comments

  1. Awesome post! I searched back to school apps and found your blog :)

    I just downloaded mint so I can keep track of my personal and blog expenses! Thanks for this post :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! You will be so glad you downloaded it - my life got ten times easier when I did, and I've only been using it for a few months! Look out for another blog post in the next week or two about managing a budget using Mint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will so be downloading these before school starts! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, they're total lifesavers! I don't even know how I functioned without them!

      Delete