Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essential School Supplies

I'm one of those super nerdy people who absolutely loves new school supplies. I think its the OCD side of me - everything is brand new, fresh and clean, and everything has its very own place. It just doesn't get more organized than right at the beginning of the school year, and even when you're as obsessive compulsive as I am, it probably will never look that way again.

I have noticed that there is a huge difference in what supplies you actually need in college vs. high school. I definitely did not understand that as a naive little freshman, but I think I've gotten the hang of it (finally). These are the school supplies that are truly essential for the start of a new semester.

Turns out you don't need a binder for every single class anymore, and you really won't want to haul one across campus. Stick with a notebook and a couple folders for handouts - your shoulders will thank you (especially if you're like me and use a tote rather than a backpack!) These notebooks from Target are my favorite - so cute and so cheap! And no matter what size your campus is, you're going to be doing a lot more walking than you're used to. Definitely bring a water bottle around with you wherever you go. I absolutely love these monogrammed ones!

Everything else is pretty basic - pens, pencils and highlighters, a pencil case so you aren't digging around noisily in class looking for a pencil, and of course an adorable planner to fill in all of your assignments (and campus events!)

xoxo

7 comments

  1. Love it! Those journals are too cute :)

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to convince my mum to get me a Lilly planner! Wish me luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh good luck! Just tell her you'll be way more organized and on top of your assignments if you have something cute to write them in!

      Delete
  4. those notebooks are precious & I completely agree with the water bottle! xx

    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have like...followers. #bloggerlife

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with all of your college prep posts. I'm going to be a Freshman in the fall and now that I've committed, the planning OCD is kicking in! Your tips are super helpful! :)

    -Mo
    TheNamesMo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete