Essentials of the Week(s) - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week(s)

It's time for more of my essentials of the week! Trying to get everything situated, packed and ready to head back up to Oxford has been beyond hectic. (It probably would have been wise to actually unpack from school when I got home in May...oopsies!) So my essentials right now are a little bit themed around getting myself ready for another year at school.

I know I'm not the only one who wants to look her best after a long summer! Here is what is essential for me right now in my attempts to look and feel like I have it all together! (And trust me - I don't!) 



1. Coconut Oil - Okay I am so obsessed with this stuff I'm doing an entire post on it soon (so be on the lookout!) This past weekend at the lake my friends and I were reading a magazine article about it and decided to test it out. It all went downhill from there... There were so many uses the article listed we wanted to try them all out! We ended up putting it in our hair (its supposed to make your hair stronger/longer) and on our skin as a sunscreen/lotion! Of course we ended up jumping in the lake afterwards but now I am totally obsessed! I've decided to do a little experiment and use it every day and see if it really is the miracle drug everyone says it is.

2. 8 Tracks - This app is the greatest. I was never a pandora fan; the commercials, skip limits and really just the general concept bothered me. I like having more control over exactly which songs I listen to (yep, control freak and proud of it!) I love this app because this is totally how I choose what songs I want to listen to. You simply choose two adjectives for the type of music you want to listen to. For example, if I said I wanted to listen to "summer + happy" music, it would pull up all the playlists app users have made with those tags. And you get four skips per playlist!!! Best music app ever. I've already found a couple dozen songs to download just in the few days I've been using the app.

3. Avocado - Way too obsessed with this right now. I have been putting it in pretty much everything I eat. Any salads, sandwiches, even this amazing grilled cheese recipe I found on Pinterest (yes, I actually made another Pinterest recipe!) I don't know if its just the summer season that has me suddenly loving this so much or if it just works with more summer recipes but I am going to be seriously sad when I go back to school and don't constantly have this in my kitchen.

4. Jergens Natural Glow gradual tanning lotion. Thanks to my darling internship this summer, I feel like I have barely seen sunlight! By the time I get off work it is way too late to try tanning, and I've been traveling so much that I can't even score some pool-time on the weekends. I think I was more tan this past winter than I am right now! Thankfully I found a tanning lotion that doesn't leave me streaky and orange, or make me smell like I bathed in chemicals. This lotion is really great for giving you just a little glow (although I'm still hoping I can get in some rays my last few days before I leave!)

What are your essentials before you head back to school?

xoxo

2 comments

  1. I can't wait to see your coconut oil post says! I love the stuff and I actually use the exact oil in your pic! :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Can't believe I've only just discovered it!

      Delete