Essentials of the Week(s) - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week(s)

So things have been a little crazy with me lately, and I haven't really had much time to become "addicted" to anything new these past few weeks...but there are a few things that have made it onto the list. I move into my very first house tomorrow (ahhh!) with 7 other girls from my sorority - talk about madness! I am beyond excited to start this new school year and this new adventure of living in my very own house with some of my closest friends. 

I have spent the past few weeks trying to unpack (yes you heard me correctly - I never unpacked from spring semester!!!), re-pack, buy furniture and everything else I needed, and taking several trips up to Oxford trying to move everything up there. Needless to say my world has been a bit of a mess, but things are finally almost situated! (Don't worry, I'll be posting pictures of my new room and house once it's exactly the way I want it, although I am such a perfectionist so I don't know if such a time will really exist!)

Tagging along with some of my essentials of the week(s) I'm going to give you guys a little peek into what my life has been like these past few weeks! Let's just say when it came to my new amazing Ikea furniture, some assembly was required...

(My poor dad! All of those pieces were just for my new dresser!)

Let's just say it has been a serious work in progress! And with all of this moving mayhem, my essentials of the week this time around are a little concentrated on packing/moving. Enjoy!



1. Arnica Ointment - Oh. My. God. This stuff is the most amazing invention I have ever seen in my life. I absolutely positively swear by it, I can't believe I've been missing out on this! Truthfully I have no clue how it works, but this stuff seriously cures everything, and thank god because I have been so sore from all of this moving! Just use a teeny tiny bit on absolutely anything - bruises, aches, pains, sore muscles, pulled muscles...and within 24 hours you will feel like a new person. I am not even somewhat exaggerating, you're crazy if you don't try this stuff! (It even made my broken toe heal in half the time, I think its magic!)

2. Essie Turquoise Caicos - I know this is a pretty summery color but I love it and decided to treat myself and buy it before heading back up to Oxford, so I plan on wearing it every day I possibly can before I switch over to my beloved fall colors.

3. Kale Chips - healthiest, yummiest, easiest-to-make snack on the planet. Enough said. Gives you the saltiness and crispiness of potato chips, but with a health value higher than spinach! Here is a great recipe for how to make them - it couldn't be easier!

4. DIY Tool Starter Kit - Ok, I'll admit my little college starter tool kit is not this one, but how cute are all the pink tools?? I wish I had seen this when I bought mine freshmen year, I am so in love. Who says tools have to be manly? My newfound skills with Ikea furniture disagree heavily with that stereotype, thank you very much!

Happy Friday!

xoxo

6 comments

  1. I love all of these essentials, especially the polish and Kale chips! Also, I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award :) You can check out all of the details at my blog!

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, you are too sweet! Once all the moving mayhem calms down a little I will get right on it! And yes kale chips are amazing haha I can't stop eating them!

      Delete
  2. Yay good luck on the move tomorrow! Haha I'm not going to lie though, that picture REALLY has me re-thinking my Ikea purchases now... Yikes!

    Gahhh everyone (aka all my invisible internet friends) keep raving about kale chips! I might just have to break down and finally make a batch, even though I am vehemently opposed to pretty much anything leafy and green. Merrr.

    Can't wait to see pickies of the new room next week! :)

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hahah I know, once we laid out all the pieces for the IKEA furniture we were like oh shit what did we just get ourselves into...It wasn't too hard, although I had my dad's help so god knows what would have happened on my own!

      You seriously MUST try kale chips though. They are so addicting and you don't even feel guilty because its like eating air and so healthy!!

      xo

      Delete
  3. That's so fun that you're moving into your sorority house! I would love to live in ours. Good luck with the move in!!

    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award, there are more details in my most recent blog post!

    Lindsay
    pearls-please.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm really excited! It's not "our" sorority house since Miami doesn't have official sorority houses, but everyone living in it is in my sorority so I have a feeling its not that different haha. Thanks so much for the nomination, I'll definitely check it out!

      xo

      Delete