Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week(s)

Sorry I've been a little out of the loop lately - classes started this week and things have gotten officially crazy! I swear I'm running on fumes at this point, I can't even remember the last time I slept! Welcome Week is definitely getting the best of me. These are a few of the essentials that have been getting me through my hectic life since I've been back at school. Enjoy!

1. AllRecipes App. This is the best recipe app out there! This is my first year living without a meal plan and it has been an adventure to say the least. I feel like such an adult buying my groceries all by myself - yes it is sad but I'm proud of myself! It is definitely something that is going to take some practice. The little kid inside me still wants to buy nothing but cookies and juice boxes - seems like a great idea until I get home and have endless sugar crashes! That's why I love this app - you put in what type of meal you're looking for (appetizer, snack, main dish), the main ingredient, and how much time you have to make it! Then it will pull up tons of recipes with different ratings and comments about them. Totally a lifesaver for someone who burns cereal (i.e. ME)

2. Odwalla juices. These little juice smoothies really are a lifesaver - I am absolutely in love with the Strawberry C-Monster flavor (because I love all things strawberry). Always have, always will. I have had to hold myself back from buying too many of these because they can get a little expensive, but with an immune system as weak as mine + not enough sleep + a little too much back-to-school celebrating, my body has been getting run down way too fast! These things are packed with an overdose of Vitamin C so naturally I have been chugging them down as often as I can. 


3. Skin So Soft - My dad has been swearing by this lotion my entire life, and thank god I took some with me to school. My house (still trying to get all my pictures together but I promise I'll post them soon) at school has the most amazing porch with a porch swing and with this amazing weather my housemates and I have probably spent between 3-7 hours a day on it since we moved back. No lie. Does anyone remember the Hey Arnold! episode where Stoop Kid Was Afraid to Leave His Stoop?? Maybe that's just me...but we literally never leave our stoop! It takes a lot for us to get off this porch, and the same goes for our mosquito friends that live on it...I've never had so many bug bites in my life! I hate bug spray (there is just nothing good that can come from chemicals on your skin that are meant to deter bugs...plus I can't stand the smell!) And I remembered that the reason my dad is totally in love with this lotion as a bug spray! I don't think that's the actual use for this lotion, but it totally works! And it smells nice - bonus! Dad wins again.



Sorry the list is a little short this week - like I said, things have been crazy!

xoxo

6 comments

  1. I'll have to check out that app, I'm always looking for new dinner recipes to try out!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has seriously saved my life! Before I downloaded it my diet consisted of sandwiches, cereal and spaghetti! Not exactly healthy...

      Delete
  2. Odwalla is so yummy!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't get enough of it! I have to ration myself because it can be a little pricey...

      Delete
  3. Food Gawker is my absolute go-to recipe app right now since it's basically Pinterest but exclusively for food, but this could be pretty handy too!
    Haha cooking for myself has been such an interesting journey. I may or may not have had a couple nights where I attempt a recipe, discover I've messed it up too much to even eat, and then end up grabbing dinner from Sweetgreen or Chipotle. #thestruggle

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to check that app out! I really struggle with making servings for only one person, so I end up feeding my housemates leftovers a lot! Living a minute walk from uptown has probably tripled my Chipotle intake...

      Delete