Conquering My Fear - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Conquering My Fear

I LOVE heels. I think they are absolutely gorgeous and I am so jealous whenever my friends wear them out. I'm 5'10" and way too much of a baby to wear heels when I go out. I feel like an absolute amazon!! Sure that works if I'm a supermodel, or if I'm dating an NBA player but I don't exactly have either of those opportunities knocking down my door....and let's face it Miami is hardly well-known for its sports so I can't even date a guy from my school's basketball team. I got seriously ripped off here..

I even own a couple pairs of absolutely gorgeous heels! I have this pair of metallic wedges that would look amazing with probably half of my outfits, but I always chicken out! My friends tease me constantly because I only wear pretty sandals and flats when we go out - even in winter, which leaves me looking like the girl who doesn't know better than to wear open-toe shoes in the snow. 

HELP! I really need to get over this fear. I'm 20 years old, its a little sad that I'm still too intimidated to wear heels to bars just because I don't want to tower over people (especially guys - awkward!) I would love to say I'm super confident and that I throw on heels and own it like I am a supermodel, but I'm not. I've made a junior-year resolution (yes that is a real thing, you can set goals without it being January 1st, people!) to conquer my fear of heels. I've even set ground rules that kitten heels don't count. I've tried to hide in those for way too long. I decided on a 3-inch minimum which may still sound small but I would be 6 feet tall in those! Baby steps...

In honor of this new resolution, here are some heels I have been trying to talk myself into buying. PLEASE comment with suggestions if you know of any good (small!) heels that will help me conquer this irrational fear of mine!




Here's to hoping my resolution works... Does anyone else have any bizarre fashion fears?

xoxo

12 comments

  1. I have a pair kind of like the Sam Edelman ones you posted and they're great because your foot is secured into the shoe and the heel isn't too tall! They'd be a great "starter" pair! I find them super comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect, I was leaning towards those anyway!! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  2. I'm super uncoordinated so I understand your fear of wearing heels, I'd probably break an ankle if I wore them out. But I agree, I love the look of heels, I bet if you wore heels out you would get so many compliments, be brave! Love the heels you picked out though, it's good to take baby steps!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO uncoordinated, I've broken so many bones since I've been in college and I don't even wear heels yet! Super embarrassing...I'm finally trying out a pair next weekend so wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. I hardly ever wear heels either - and at 5'3" I probably should! I'm just really clumsy and have a low pain threshold when it comes to uncomfortable shoes! I find wedges to be the most comfy though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! I am always so jealous of my shorter friends when they wear heels because their legs look stunning and it can take an outfit to the next level, especially for nights out to the bars and parties! I am definitely leaning towards wedges too because I feel like they're a little more casual and stable

      Delete
  4. Those Tory Burch Emmy Wedges are great, they would go with so much! Great picks!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, I am probably going to hold out and see if they go on sale anywhere! Otherwise, Christmas wish list here I come... :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! Btw I nominated your for the Sunshine Award :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahahahah oh goodness, this entire post had me literally laughing out loud and nodding me head in sympathy. Fellow obnoxiously tall girl here, so I completely feel your pain. I almost NEVER wear heels!
    Usually the closest thing to heels I'll wear is my cowboy boots and those bad boys aren't exactly the most versatile things in the world.
    I really wanted the Kate Spade Dabney wedges this summer and now they're sold out almost everywhere in my size. So sad!

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too afraid to even wear boots with more than a one inch heel! I'm such a baby. I just looked those up and they are adorable - maybe they'll restock someday!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete