Essentials of the Week(s) - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week(s)

I seriously don't know how I have been surviving this week or if I am even going to make it to Tuesday...I have (count them) FOUR exams on Tuesday. I'm sorry...WHAT?! Yes, four. That is more than we are even allowed to have in 24 hours during finals week but NOPE I get a little hell week preview, just for me! 

I had to drive home to Louisville today just to get myself away from any and all potential distractions - my parents and dog aren't even here! It's just little old me in this house by myself, which is both eerie and lonely, but it has some benefits too! One of my best friends from high school is a field hockey superstar at Depauw and she is playing in Louisville on Sunday afternoon! So I get to go watch her play with my other friend who goes to University of Louisville. I think it will be a very much needed study break before I head back to Oxford and lock myself in the library.

 The fact that I am even writing this post right now should show all of you how much I need to write just to maintain some semblance of sanity! What has really been getting me through this never-ending week though is, of course, my weekly essentials! As you can imagine, they are a little bit study-themed...



1. Insomnia Cookies: How have I never heard of this?!? This delightful little shop just replaced Pita Pit on my campus (a sad goodbye but definitely worth the replacement!) and it could not have chosen a more perfect week to open! They deliver warm. cookies. and milk. until 3 am! Goodbye skinny, hello fat and satisfied! I would be lying if I said I haven't already ordered this to the library twice this week and it was totally worth it. Nothing says study snack like some fresh baked cookies and a glass of milk!

2. Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks: As you can imagine, studying for four exams at once on top of other assignments can be seriously overwhelming and definitely exhausting. Top it off with the fact that I don't drink caffeine? I feel like an anomaly sometimes...But this drink has been my savior! It tastes like fall in a cup! And I have to imagine it has a fairly high sugar content judging from the energy bursts I have been getting from my daily 4 cups I have been consuming at the library...

3. Nail Polish: Confession Time: I paint my nails whenever I study. I mean obsessively. I get extremely bored when I do flash cards, which is pretty much the only way I can study, so I try and find random ways to entertain myself while I drudge through the endless sets of terms and definitions. I have probably changed my nail polish color 4 times this week! Some people look their worst after late nights studying, but come exam time I tend to look my best! My nails are always done, my hair is styled (I do flashcards while I dry and straighten my hair too...), and I'm even such a nerd that I do flashcards on my phone while I work out! (Some of you may remember the app StudyBlue that I recommended last month!)

4. Assortment of Snacks: Confession #2: I snack constantly when I study. I don't know what it is, but something about being at the library and studying for hours and hours makes me want to eat, even when I'm not hungry! When I realized I would literally be studying for 9 days straight, between 7-10 hours a day I decided to invest in some healthier alternatives like my favorite string cheese, grapes, laughing cow light creamy swiss cheese, and of course my never-ending favorite, dark chocolate covered pretzel crisps! (Okay fine, those aren't healthy but come on, everyone needs a chocolate fix when they study! I've totally earned it).

What gets you through a particularly rough study week? Wish me luck! I'm going to need it...

xoxo

5 comments

  1. Good luck Olivia, that sounds crazy but late night cookies delivered to the library sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you posted, I also always need a good pair of sweatpants to get me through a rough study week!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love, I nominated you for the sunshine award so check out my latest post! xx


    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo I know I have a tendency to become instantly infatuated with things but you have to believe me when I say I am completely and utterly OBSESSED with Insomnia Cookies. They are so good! I had them in April when I went to visit my boy bff in Boston and seriously have not stopped thinking about them since. Hahah my NYC apartment is within the delivery zone for their UES location so it's going to be reallyyyyyy hard for me to not have a dozen freshly baked cookies dropped off on my doorstep every night for a midnight snack!

    Yeeesh, I hope you're getting through all your tests okay... Especially without any caffeine!

    xx,

    j. parker

    ReplyDelete