Fall Favorites: Outerwear - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Fall Favorites: Outerwear

One of my favorite things about fall is the clothes. I know most people seem to be in love with spring and summer clothes, with the sundresses, sandals, and Lilly Pulitzer galore, but I absolutely adore fall clothing. Give me oversized sweaters, leggings, boots and scarves any day of the week. 

What my closet is seriously lacking is outerwear. Beyond my staple north face jacket and J.Crew puffer coat (a must for those miserable walks to class in the Ohio winter), and one or two cheap little vests I have picked up in the past year, I really don't have any jackets to speak of. I think I always shy away from them because they are typically a more costly purchase, but you get so much more use out of them than typical items!

That is why I have been seriously coveting some of these fall favorites for outerwear. J.Crew is definitely a go-to for outerwear - its not too expensive, they have a lot of variety, and they always throw in some perfect versions of the classics. I see a purchase in my near future...


*I honestly love this jacket in both colors, but I am leaning towards the mossy brown*



The Quilted Tack Jacket from J.Crew, $158
(A perfect take on a classic look. The gold buttons are a nice touch!)


(So adorable, and when I tried it on at the store it was actually very warm and comfortable!)


(hello beautiful...I am so in love with this color! And the gold buttons are perfection!)

Clearly J.Crew is going to love me after this winter season! And my wallet and I will probably break up forever... What are your favorite fall outerwear pieces?

xoxo

5 comments

  1. Love that peacoat. Such a pretty color! I already own a quilted jacket and I love it, I would recommend them!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color too! I am definitely a few days away from caving and buying a quilted jacket

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on that field jacket for about a month now and I think I'm finally about thisclose to pulling the trigger on it! I kind of wanted a Barbour Beadnell jacket (talk about a classic!) but it's way more pricey so the budget-conscious part of me is thinking the J. Crew option is the perfect substitute.

    But I totally agree with you, bring on the sweaters, oxfords, leggings, and riding boots! Fall is so much fun to dress up for!

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have I! I desperately want a Barbour jacket but they're so expensive so I figured this one was a much cheaper alternative for a similar style. Definitely over this 98 degree, 110% humidity weather we've been getting in Oxford lately...bring on the cold!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete