Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Home Away From Home

As promised, I have finally unpacked and organized my room enough that I am ready to share some pictures with all of my amazing followers! (Granted, these were taken with my iPhone and the lighting was a bit of a struggle but I hope they still show up okay!) I love my new room, it was so much fun to decorate it and start from scratch now that I am finally out of the dorms and living in an amazing house with some of the greatest people I've ever met.

I knew living with 7 of my closest friends would be fun, but I never could have imagined it would be like this! It's wild, crazy, and definitely messy but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I literally feel like I spend more time sitting on my front porch with my housemates than any other spot; we're averaging like 6 hours a day at this point, and even more on the weekends! Thank god for our new porch swing!

Oxford is an adorable college town, and one of its most well-known quirks is that all of the student houses have fun names. Some of them play off of the street they sit on, such as "Spoiled Beeches" on Beech Street, and others are just fun party names like "Fraturdays" (one of my favorites because it has a Vineyard Vines whale on the house sign). There's been a lot of debate about the origins of my house name, but its been that way for as long as we can remember - my house is over 70 years old! (The sensitive plumbing and lack of central air serve as proof for that).

Still, you can't beat this house. We live literally a one minute walk from uptown and all of the bars, and a two minute walk from the library. Our house is situated as close to the center of campus and Oxford as you can be!

So, without further ado, my adorable home away from home, "Slow Idaho"!

Front of our house, but it goes WAY back!

 My room is actually much bigger than it looks in this picture, this is really just my side!

My dresser - I'll get some better closeups of this and my desk in another post soon!

My desk and dresser area - finally got my pictures and paddle all hung up!

My bed and nightstand - I love my christmas lights and monogram painting!

Not the best picture of my bedding but I love it!

I painted this this summer and its hanging in my closet! I love seeing it when I start my day.

Me with (some) of my housemates and a couple other friends hanging out on the stoop like always! 
See if you can guess which one I am! - I'll tell y'all in a week or two!

That's all I have for now, but once I can figure out how to get better lighting and finish up some more final touches I'll post pictures of my closet and some closeups of my desk and dresser/vanity!

Hope you liked it! How did you decorate your room/apartment/dorm?

xoxo

5 comments

  1. Your room came out so good, I love the bright colors it makes the room feel so inviting. Is that a pink and green jewelry box on your dresser?!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it - we live in the basement so I was worried it would be too dark but with the christmas lights and all the colors its actually not that bad! And yes it is a pink and green jewelry box, I actually bought it plain at Michael's and painted it myself in high school! I'll add some close up pictures of that soon!

      Delete
  2. Too cute! Wow, Oxford really does sound like the cutest little college town ever... Hehe well, after Austin, that is! ;)
    Your bedding is so pretty! I love those accent pillows and how you matched it with the room's color scheme. And the Christmas lights are such a great idea! A few girls in my sorority always had them up in their rooms and it gives it such a pretty, soft, glowy light - way better than gross florescents!

    Hah I guess I'll actually have to unpack slightly so I can start decorating too now!

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bedding is actually my friend Layne's, she and I traded bedding because she needed twin and I needed full bedding so it worked out perfectly and hers is adorable! I love my christmas lights, they make my room feel so much more peaceful!

      Yes unpack and add pictures so I can see that all of your "imaginary apartment shopping" paid off!!

      Delete
  3. Riiiiiight?! Some stuff is still packed away in storage until I get to NYC - whooo only 9 more weeks now! - but I'll definitely get a few pics of my new little DC sublet up ASAP!

    ReplyDelete