Inside My Purse - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Inside My Purse

Truthfully, I don't really carry a purse when I'm at school. I carry my longchamp, but I use it as a backpack more than anything. No matter what I'm using it for, however, there are some items that will never ever leave the inside of my tote. 

I'm totally paranoid and have a natural gift for convincing myself that I should keep things lying around just in case. (I tried to break this habit last summer and every time I took something out, I naturally needed it the very next day for some sort of emergency and ended up pinching myself). 

The best I could do was narrow it down to the absolute essentials, for the sake of my shoulders and my sanity. Here is what you can constantly find inside my purse no matter what the occasion!

Preppy Purse
1. My Lilly Planner. Even if I am not at class I constantly find myself needing to check a deadline or the date of an event. 

2. My sunglasses/kroakies. Yes, I even do this during the grey-sky winter of the Midwest. I could be wearing rain boots, snow shoes, and sandals all in one week with the unpredictable Ohio weather!

3. My phone. (No explanation necessary).

4. Extra hair ties. I have a gift for losing hair ties. For most people I think this is the case with bobby pins but I somehow manage to hang on to those for dear life! Plus you never know when a friend will need one. 

5. My keys (duh!)

6. A water bottle. Somehow in college I have become one of those people who makes sure to drink 7 bottles of water a day, which probably isn't a bad thing considering the average weekend activities that occur in Oxford.

7. Nail polish. Hardly seems like an essential item to some people, but I go absolutely crazy when my nail polish is chipping! (Real talk - I am definitely guilty of touching up my nails in the back of more than one ultra-boring accounting lecture. Oops!)

8. Eyeliner. I really am not big into makeup - at all. At absolute maximum I wear eyeliner, bronzer, and some shimmery nude eyeshadow. Pretty daring, I know. Out of all of those, eyeliner is my absolute must-have.

9. A butterfly hair clip. One of the hazards of straightening my hair every day is in the uncomfortable humidity of the Midwest it has a tendency to curl and wave by lunchtime leaving me looking like a hot mess. Thank god for hair clips!

10. My infinity ring. Okay, technically this isn't in my purse but I absolutely never ever take it off. I bought it in Charleston with my best friend over spring break and it has become one of those things that I just feel naked without. (Even if I am wearing gold jewelry I keep it on, which is something I am usually a huge stickler about).

11. Hand lotion. The dry classrooms at school make this an absolute essential or my hands crack and look like an old woman!

12. My mint eos lip balm. Can't live without it!

13. And last but certainly not least, I never ever leave without my i-Pod and a pair of headphones. You never know when you're going to get stuck waiting around somewhere or need a good distraction.

What are your absolute essentials for your purse?

xoxo

5 comments

  1. For my purse essentials, I always carry a hair brush, notebook, a "what if I need this" kit, my wallet, and my keys!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should start carrying a mini hair brush, my hair tends to look like a rat's nest by the end of a windy day on campus!

      Delete
  2. Hair ties are a must. You are very brave for keeping nail polish in your purse, I'm always afraid mine with explode.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! That's terrifying, has that ever happened to you?

      Delete
  3. Water bottle, hand lotion, planner, make up bag (though lately I've been trying to leave it because it's so heavy), tweezers, a 1,000,000,000 pens because I'm obsessed☺ , headphones, my power bank and phone charger just in case lol

    ReplyDelete