The Rules of Leggings - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

The Rules of Leggings

Alright y'all. I am addressing what is apparently a "serious" issue on my campus right now. I don't know if it just freshmen who don't know what they're doing, or if everyone somehow managed to lose their minds over the summer, but I am in shock. For how well-dressed the student body typically is at Miami, I am horrified at some of the ridiculous things I have seen this week. Was there some sort of memo that said "please disregard any sort of fashion rule you've ever heard??" My biggest pet peeve that's been evident all over campus is leggings as pants.

Leggings are pants - I have relented on that in recent years but HELLO there are rules, people!

Is it just me, or is it pretty much agreed upon that if you wear leggings your shirt needs to cover your butt?? I don't really consider that an optional feature of wearing leggings as pants - maybe sometimes I push the limits but I certainly don't wear crop tops with leggings and think its alright. (Yes, I seriously saw someone do this today)

Even when I am shopping I'll see long shirts and think "that would go GREAT with leggings" specifically because of their length. Maybe I'm just being a stickler about a silly fashion rule but I think it looks so bizarre when people do this!

Does anyone agree or have some other fashion pet peeve you've seen people disregard lately?
Rant it out in the comments, I'd love to hear that I'm not the only one!

xoxo

9 comments

  1. I wear my leggings with freakin everything, they're like pajamas! But, yeah if your crotch/butt is not covered you run the serious risk of exposing some parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I can't even remember the last time I wore jeans to class

      Delete
  2. Oh man, crop tops and leggings?! No wayyyy. (To be honest many people are wearing crop tops that shouldn't... thats probably my pet peeve). I have been guilty of pushing the limits sometimes, but for the most part I try and keep my butt covered!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes way! I couldn't believe my eyes! And I definitely agree...unless I have a dancer body (which let's be clear - I do not) I will not feel confident enough to rock a crop top anywhere besides a music festival, if that! People need to learn to dress for their body types!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with the leggings pet peeve!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with this! There are boundaries when wearing leggings as pants.

    Xx,
    Megan
    Summersinseersucker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leggings as gym trousers really bugs me, do people not realise leggings can be as see-through as tights? During yoga class I do not need to know that much information about complete strangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another thing! There are certain leggings specifically made for exercise - not all pairs are universal for it! Haha great point

      Delete
  6. I agree! Couldn't have said it better. I go shopping for long shirts to purposely go with leggings. I like your blog, I'm a new follower!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete