Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Uses & Benefits of Coconut Oil

It seems like no one can stop raving about this new super-product, which has seemingly endless benefits and uses. Coconut Oil has been making its rounds as the most talked-about product in health magazines, talk shows and celebrity style secrets.

I finally caved and bought a jar just to see if I could actually notice any of the benefits...talk about a good investment! I've somehow managed to get myself using it for a couple different uses every day for the past three weeks, and there really is a difference!

These are (in my opinion) the best and most practical uses and benefits of coconut oil for your body.

*I focused more on beauty tips from this little miracle worker, but there are about a million health benefits from consuming it in your food on a daily basis, like improving your immune system!*



1. In your hair! This is my favorite way to use it - my hair has been growing much stronger, healthier and longer since I started putting a little bit in the roots of my hair before bed. Just be sure to rinse out in the shower in the morning! (Its oil, people - its going to make your hair oily. But it looks great later!)

2. It absorbs into your skin really quickly, leaving you with a healthy glow and silky soft skin. (And a coconut smell - but who doesn't love smelling like the beach?!) Surprisingly, after a few minutes of soaking in, it really doesn't leave your skin feeling oily.

3. Can be used 100s of different ways when cooking for a healthier alternative to things like butter and cooking oil, and it really doesn't change the flavor. We used it in our pancake mix a few weeks ago at the lake and it still tasted amazing! (Do pancakes ever not taste amazing?)

4. Great eye makeup remover. Wipes right off, doesn't sting or burn your eyes, and its way cheaper than anything else I have found.

5. Rubbing a tiny bit on your cuticles will help your nails grow stronger and healthier too.

6. A tablespoon melted into a cup of warm tea can help soothe a sore throat. (I personally haven't tested this yet since its the peak of summer, but I am definitely keeping that in mind for sorority recruitment in January. Not that I don't totally love screaming cheers and losing my voice for two weeks straight!)

Have you tried using coconut oil for anything? What did you think?!

PS This coconut oil from Trader Joe's is what I use - great value and its a really large jar, I don't see how I could possibly run out for months!

xoxo

2 comments

  1. I've heard so many great things about coconut oil, I really want to try it. Thanks for the advice on when to put it in your hair... don't want my hair to look greasy.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously a miracle product! I learned the hard way about the oily hair though. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete