Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Bean Boots vs. Hunter Boots

*For a new-and-improved version of this post, click here!*

That's it. I have officially converted. 

I am D-O-N-E done with hunter boots. Yes, they are adorable and there are a million cute ways to wear them and outfits to pair them with, but after an 8-minute walk to class the other day I was rewarded with the worst blister I have ever experienced in my life. No exaggeration, y'all - I had to beg one of my friends for a ride home because my boots were filled with blood. I literally carried them home and walked through the business school holding a boot and limping. (Potentially a new low...)

I really don't know why this happened, considering I've owned my Hunters for over a year and I've never had such a bad experience with them (note: plenty of bad ones - just none this extreme). Maybe my feet have become deformed from all of the sprains and breaks I've experienced lately, but I am officially terrified of those boots.

My roommate received her pair of bean boots in the mail that very same day, and I couldn't help but think it was fate. I am ordering my own pair ASAP and kissing (*kicking*) my Hunter boots goodbye. Unless my heels become reinforced with steel I don't think I can ever face a blister like that again! (Maybe someday when I buy thicker socks I'll give them one more chance, but as of now we are on a definite break).

If you are one of many who is trying to decide which boot is right for you - look no further!

Here are my official reviews of each:
Bean Boots: These boots are extremely comfortable, have great traction (especially in snow) and you can walk incredibly long distances without any rubbing, bleeding or blistering. They're still fashionable and look adorable with skinny jeans, leggings, and cute boot socks. I have zero complaints!

Hunter Boots: I have heard complaints from an extremely high number of people (and, as I just explained, I'm not very happy with these boots either...) They are very stiff, can cause a lot of blisters despite the thick socks they come with, and are frankly a little bit awkward to walk in. My advice is that if you really need a height of rain boot such as this, simply order the taller bean boots. Your heels (and pedicurist) will thank you! 

I am going to order the 6" bean boots because I think they are the perfect length to wear with skinny jeans or leggings and I can't wait for them to get here! 

I remember when my Dad insisted before I went to college that these things were his salvation in college and I thought he was insane. No way was I going to wear those "hideous" things - believe me, I have learned to love them and see how adorable they really can be now - I literally laughed in his face! Typical stubborn me. The more I have seen them on Pinterest and various fashion blogs the more they have grown on me, and my experience the other day was definitely the last straw.

Don't forget to order your Bean Boots as early as possible in the year - they tend to be backordered by several months and you don't want to be waiting until January to get yours!

If you need any advice with sizing, heights, socks, or other questions about either style boot please comment or feel free to email me!

Which rainy day boots do you prefer, Hunters or Bean Boots?

xoxo

4 comments

  1. I have heard really great things about the Bean boots. Let us know how they work out for you. I don't own Hunters, I actually got a very similar looking rain boot to Hunters a couple years ago at ALDO that I love but I would definitely be interested in investing in a shorter boot like the Bean for fall as well.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will let you know, my roommate loves her new ones so fingers crossed! I assumed the Hunters would be comfortable because why else would people pay so much for a plain rain boot but that was a huge mistake on my part!

      Delete
  2. Despite semi-obsessing over Hunters for like 5 years now, I still haven't picked up a pair - And maybe that's a good thing, after reading this! My poor feet can't handle anymore abuse.
    But Bean boots are something I am fully behind! My Papaw got me a pair when I was just a little tyke for our hunting adventures and they are sooo comfy, even while treking through mud, brush, and ice-cold creeks! Plus they last FOR-EV-ERRRR, so that's helpful. I haven't broken them out quite yet this year but the time is coming and I can't wait. I always feel so outdoorsy, even when I'm just strolling through the cobblestone streets in Georgetown!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE hunters, I think they are super cute and everyone has them but my god I have an actual fear of mine now. I haven't gotten my bean boots yet and rainy days are like a special kind of hell for me! I usually chicken out and wear my tennis shoes because I don't want anymore blisters.
      But I think I'm definitely going to bite the bullet and buy some bean boots soon, or maybe ask for them as a Christmas gift!

      xo

      Delete