Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Taking A Sick Day

Another fun fact you guys get to learn about me...I am always sick. I know everyone says that, but I truly am. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm known for by most of my sorority sisters - being the girl that always always always has something wrong with her. I'm constantly sick or injured or randomly waking up with mysterious and unexplainable illnesses that take weeks to diagnose and treat. 

I have broken more bones in college than I would like to admit...contracted a bizarre stomach disease that caused me to lose 25 pounds last year and I couldn't keep a single thing down for months (safe to say I have a new appreciation for food and will never again go on a diet - ever), and wind up on antibiotics way more than is probably healthy. If there is a bacteria or virus within 10 miles of me I promise you it will find me. My "medicine cabinet" has turned into more of a fully functioning pharmacy!

Confession #2: I am a 4 year old when I am sick. Seriously. I have kept all of my same sick habits since I was a little kid and I don't intend on ever changing them. The only difference is I don't have my parents waiting on me hand and foot. (First world pains much? I have to heat my own soup. Tough life, I know). I love nothing more than curling up with my favorite childhood movies, my fuzzy blankets I've had forever, and eating some chicken and stars soup. (The shapes make a difference, I'm convinced).

Being sick for more than half of the time, including right now, it's safe to say that I have developed quite a routine for what makes me feel better when I can't seem to shake a sickness. These are some of my favorite sick day comfort items to get me through the winter (and all those times I just need a "personal day"...)

Nothing says comfort to me like curling up in bed with a stack of blankets, an overdose of vitamin C and my favorite soup, and a never-ending stack of Disney movies and magazines to pass the time between NyQuil doses.

What are your favorite comforts to turn to when you're feeling under the weather?

xoxo 

3 comments

  1. I have a queen size plush purple blanket I use when I'm sick. I love it - especially right out of the dryer!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix is always my go-to item when I'm feeling sick! Hope you feel better!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always watch My Neighbor Totoro and sometimes it makes me cry when I'm sick.

    Which sorority are you a part of?

    ReplyDelete