Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week(s)

I finally survived my midterm madness and I think I managed to do alright! Unfortunately, my health took a serious toll from the inevitable sleep deprivation and sudden cold weather that has reached Ohio!
Nevertheless, I am LOVING this fall weather! Mostly because there are few things I love more in this world than fall clothes...leggings, boots, and sweaters, oh my!

These are the essentials that have been making daily appearances in my life these past two weeks.

Enjoy!


1. Blister Band-Aids: If you read my post about my battle with my Hunter Boots, you'll know that my feet are absolutely covered in blisters. Nothing says Fall is here like boot-induced blisters as you try to break your feet back out of sandals and into the stiff confines of boots! These things are total lifesavers - I swear without them I think I would talk myself out of ever even showing up to class!

2. Apple Cider: I can't resist buying a jug of this every time I go to the grocery, it just feels so festive! All day in class all I look forward to is heading home, putting on something comfy, grabbing a blanket and heating up a mug of apple cider to sip on from my porch swing. (I fear fairly soon it will be way too cold for the porch swing and this event will be relocated to my bed). I've even found a couple recipes on Pinterest that use apple cider to make some pretty delicious cocktails! Be on the lookout for a post of my favorite fall cocktail recipes pretty soon.

3. Boot Socks: Anything that is comfortable, warm, and cute gets my vote! I love layers, and boot socks are no exception. I think its such an adorable little detail to pull an outfit together, and its fun to match with my scarves sometimes! (Plus it certainly doesn't hurt with the whole blister situation to add an extra layer of defense!)

4. Infinity Scarves: I think I have developed a bit of a problem collecting these. Regular scarves always confuse and strangle me until I get annoyed and stuff them back into my bag. I love infinity scarves because I don't feel too constricted, and its such a cute accessory to throw on top of a sweater to make you look a little more put-together! I especially love this waffle infinity scarf from J.Crew factory - I want it in every single color! Good thing Christmas is right around the corner...

What are your essentials right now as we move into colder weather and holiday seasons?

xoxo

4 comments

  1. Well done on surviving your midterms! I hope that you feel better soon! I'm a huge fan of infinity scarves - I have a Jack Wills one that I bought a couple of seasons back and I bring it out every year and wear it nearly everyday - it's just so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to check that scarf out!

      Delete
  2. I love boot socks! I got a two pairs from H&M last year in the city for dirt cheap and I wear them all the time. Have a great weekend!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for a new pair, I'm definitely going to check H&M! Thanks!

      Delete