Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Happy Halloweekend!

Trick or treat my fabulous followers! I am so sorry I haven't posted in - *gasp* - a week! I'm genuinely appalled with myself, I have been insanely busy with exams and being sick and just life in general.

I'm such a bore, after all the madness of the past two weeks I stayed in tonight, Friday night of halloweekend, to just gather myself and get my life together. Best decision of my life! I cleaned my entire room, did my laundry, read my book, watched some movies, and now I am finally catching up on my blog posts! I feel like a new person, something I definitely needed after my official Halloween celebrations didn't go quite as planned. It Someone stole my wallet! Goodbye credit card, debit card, favorite wallet -moment of silence please- and my license! What a mess. 

Luckily I still managed to have plenty of fun, although I think I had my most fun getting ready! Something about costumes makes the getting ready process an event all on its own. 

I was a flapper, true to my Great Gatsby obsession, of course! I bought some champagne, put on a playlist of my best 20s inspired current music (and the Gatsby soundtrack of course), and took my time primping and pampering myself all afternoon! 

I had an amazing selection of costume jewelry from my mom to choose from which was really the icing on the cake - or the bubbles on the champagne, whichever!

(I love ANY excuse to wear my BCBG dress - it always makes me feel like Blair Waldorf in the episode where she kisses Chuck for the first time at the speakeasy!)

So all in all, despite slight mishaps and some seriously soggy shoes, it was a blast! Perhaps not up to Jay Gatsby standards, but how could it be?

How were your Halloweekends? Anyone have any super creative costumes?

xoxo

6 comments

  1. Such a cute flapper costume!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your wallet got stolen, that is the worst feeling! But you looked really cute and your costume came out great!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was definitely unfortunate but things could be worse! And thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Eeeeppp! Such a bummer about your wallet - as a constant phone and wallet breaker/loser, I know where you're coming from. Luckily I've never had any big problems come from it but it's definitely a MAJOR inconvenience!
    I'm so glad you still had fun dressing up and going out with friends - that's the absolute BEST part of any Halloween celebration, in my opinion (candy is a close second though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes inconvenience is definitely the perfect way to describe it! Luckily I am in the process of very slowly getting everything replaced....VERY slowly. Haha I totally agree, I was so tempted to go buy my house a bag of candy and go knock on our door just to make myself feel like I was trick or treating! Little kids have it all.

      Delete