Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Give More Than You Receive

Many bloggers are probably excitedly posting about all of their beautiful and exciting Christmas gifts they received, and believe me I was more blessed than I could have ever imagined! But instead of telling all of you about my exciting new belongings (which I am sure you will see popping up eventually in my OOTD posts) I am going to tell you about my favorite gifts that I gave this year. 

I genuinely believe there is nothing more exciting than finding the absolute perfect gift for someone, just to get that brief moment of gratitude from them where they know that you pay attention to detail and cherish them enough to find something that they can be truly excited about. 

One of my favorite pieces of advice I have ever gotten was to always give more than you receive. My wiser-than-ever grandmother told me this, and if I could choose one person in the entire world to still have in my life as an inspiration and mentor through my 20s, it would be her in a heartbeat. 

If you give more than you receive, you will be receiving more than you ever could have anticipated, and in a much better form. 

So here were my favorite gifts to give this Christmas season!

Recycled Wine Bottle Tray // Tortoise and Gold Chain Link Necklace

My stepmom absolutely loves these fragrance diffusors from Williams-Sonoma, and I guiltily admit its become a bit of a staple item amongst my gifts for her, but only because I know they run out easily and that she loves them so much! 
For my stepbrother, I went with Cards Against Humanity. This game is way too raunchy and way too much fun to not have in your cabinet at home. Think Apples to Apples, except all of the cards were written by Samantha from Sex and the City. 
For my darling Little, I got us matching initial pendants from BaubleBar - it was their buried bauble during Cyber Monday and I just couldn't resist! (And yes, this one was also a gift to myself because we got matching ones, but that is only because neither of us buys anything with a monogram or initial without getting the other one to match!)
For my other stepbrother and my sister-in-law, who just purchased their very first home (the world's cutest home outside of Chicago, might I add!) I got them this recycled wine bottle serving tray as a little housewarming/Christmas gift!
And lastly, for my close friends from school, I found an amazing tortoise and gold chain link statement necklace at this incredible jewelry store in Naples, FL called Best of Everything (which explains why there is no link to this necklace!) I love that store - it has amazing jewelry and accessories for super low prices. I probably get half of my jewelry there every year when I come down here for Christmas!

By far my favorite thing I got for Christmas this year was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to spend time with my family and show the people I love how important they are to me.

"Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more!"
-The Grinch

What were your favorite things to give this year?

xoxo

2 comments

  1. Absolutely love your blog! Have to add, one of my sisters in my sorority uses the fragrance diffusers as well, and LOVES them. Such a great gift! Love this post, and hope you had a very merry Christmas!

    -Mollie @ http://molliejon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards against Humanity is one of my favorite games, we played it last night so fun!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete