Measures of Happiness - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Measures of Happiness

I often draw inspiration from the most startling and unexpected areas, whether its a thoughtful advertisement while perusing boutiques in Naples, a striking quote in a book or magazine, or through one of the countless hours I spend browsing Pinterest looking for something I can relate to. Inspiration can strike at any moment - I like to think that knowing this has forced me to keep my eyes, and heart, a little more open since I have started this blog.

Recently, while spending a much-needed relaxing evening with my parents in Naples, Florida sitting out on our porch cuddled up with some wine and the latest issue of Cosmopolitan, I came across a quote that really resonated with me. 

"Measure your success by how much fun you're having"
(God knows I'm having way too much fun anytime I'm with my little, Courtney, like at our America-themed semiformal in this picture!)

I like to think that if I have absolutely nothing else in this world, I'm having fun. It might seem trivial or immature to prioritize fun as the single-most important thing I seek in my life, but in my experiences it seems to be the one thing that is a consistent and unrivaled measure of happiness. And in my mind, the greatest success a person can achieve is happiness. If you're achieving that, and nothing else, you're doing something right. And that speaks miles in my world. 

A life without happiness isn't worth living. Just take this as a small reminder anytime you feel so frustrated you could scream - I've had my fair share of those moments in the past few weeks, so I am beyond grateful to have come across this quote on this particular evening. So every once in a while, take the time to rearrange, re-evaluate, and realize, that even if everything seems to be going all wrong, if you're having fun in the meantime, life just might be worth it.

xoxo

1 comment

  1. I love love love that quote, I think people forget to stop and take time to enjoy life! Work definitely isn't everything!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete