Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Midweek in the Midwest

Last week was unusual to say the least...I wrote this from my brother's apartment in Chicago! I had a job interview so I drove up to Chicago Tuesday night and am headed back to Oxford right after my interview Wednesday so I can get back home to study for an exam! Lots of driving, but totally worth it, if anything just for a chance to see my adorable baby niece, Kendall, and my brother and sister-in-law. I don't get to see my family very often so any opportunity to is always exciting!

I even "lucked" out, because my niece was asked to stay home from daycare since she is coming down with a cold, poor thing, but that hasn't stopped her from playing with me nonstop since I have arrived! She's started crawling since I last saw her and she is always on the go! She even knows how to take selfies on my iPhone now, so needless to say we've had a bit of a photo-shoot...or twelve.

I absolutely love Chicago - it is by far my favorite city! I definitely want to live here when I graduate from Miami. Driving up to the city last night with all of downtown lit up made me so excited - I don't want to leave! I always feel overwhelmed whenever I leave Oxford, because no buildings in Oxford are even allowed to be more than three stories high! It can make entering a big city feel very intimidating...I never quite realize what a bubble I live in until I leave!

Since it is such a short trip, I don't have many exciting stories to report, but I did get a couple good pictures while I was here!


I think this selfie with my niece is my favorite - she is too adorable!
And of course I had to get one last shot of the city on my way back out of town...sigh

xoxo

2 comments

  1. Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit! I hope your interview went well!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I can't wait to move there! And thanks!

      xoxo

      Delete