Skate Into Winter - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Skate Into Winter

Until very recently, I've never been a very big "skirt" person. I can't quite place my finger on a single reason, but despite the fairly extensive skirt collection I've acquired over the years, I never seem to gravitate towards that section of my closet when selecting an outfit. The only time I seem to wear a skirt is when I need to look more professional or respectful, such as interviews, presentations, or religious events such as Church.

Lately, however, a new outfit combination has been catching my eye. Skirts with sweaters! In particular, skater skirts, which seem to have just the right shape and flow to pull this look off. This trend is the perfect way to transform a normally 'spring and summer' style piece into a cozy but stylish fall and winter outfit, especially when paired with a cute pair of patterned tights or a statement necklace!


My favorite way to wear this trend is with a flouncy A-line skirt, tights, a cozy cable knit or patterned sweater (anything with a little texture, such as sparkles or waffle-knit sweaters), a wintery statement necklace and an adorable pair of ankle booties! 

(Excuse me while I go copy this outfit to a tee! Too perfect for words!)

I am definitely going to be on the hunt for some adorable skirt and sweater combinations for the holiday season. I'm especially loving this adorable sequin ribbon sweater from Nordstrom!!


What do you think of this trend for the holiday season?

xoxo

1 comment

  1. I agree sometimes I shy away from skirts, especially in the winter but I love the idea of pairing them with tights and a cute sweater! Great picks!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete