January Birchbox Review - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

January Birchbox Review

I am super excited to be writing this post because it means that I just received my very first Birchbox! My brother and sister-in-law gave me a subscription for Christmas (Thanks Melissa and Eric! And baby Kendall too!) and I have been anxiously waiting  by the mailbox like a little kid. Just imagine Buddy the Elf excitement level when I finally found it tucked away in my house's little mailbox - that was me. 

I had no idea what to expect with this, although I have seen a lot of other bloggers posting reviews of their Birchboxes over the past few months and it has definitely gotten some mixed reviews. All in all, I would say that I liked it, but have already gone and revised some of my answers on my beauty profile after realizing I was a little too vague. 

Here is what I found inside!



1. Ghirardelli Toffee Crunch Milk Chocolate Bar: literally eating this as we speak, curled up on my couch with my friends watching the Bachelor and some wine. So its safe to say I'm pretty happy with this inclusion in my Birchbox. My only disappointment was that I am trying really hard to stick to this new diet and workout plan, and I am totally blowing it by eating this right now!

2. Benefit BeneTint Lip & Cheek Stain: LOVE this! It is the perfect shade for my lips - I literally wore it this entire weekend while my friends visited! I will never use it on my cheeks because I never wear blush, and I'm really not entirely sure how this liquid bottle would ever be able to be applied accurately/attractively onto my cheeks...but if you are one of the talented people that knows how to do that please feel free to comment! 

3. Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner: I'm pretty stubborn about hair care products, and I have loyally used the same Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner for almost four years now, so I really don't think I'll convert, but I like using these from time to time! They smell absolutely delicious, like fresh cupcakes with a hint of vanilla. Plus they made my hair super soft.

4. Ruby Wing Color-Changing Nail Polish: Again, I love all things sparkly so I was pretty excited about this nail polish regardless. I didn't even actually notice that it is supposed to change colors when you're inside vs. outside. Inside it's supposed to be sparkly gold, outside it's supposed to be dark sparkly red! Perhaps I'm using it wrong, but all I've gotten is gold so far, but I still love it!

All in all, it was fun exploring and I'm really looking forward to next month's box!
post signature

1 comment

  1. I bought gold nail polish last month and I love it! It's fun to add a little sparkle to your fingers.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete