Virtual Spring Cleaning - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Virtual Spring Cleaning

Organization is so much of a habit of mine I think it tips the scale more towards addiction. With all of the free time I have had lately, I have really dug deep and started cranking out those to-do list tasks that seem to sit there for months on end, never actually getting accomplished.

Finally, the other night I couldn't sleep (once again) and ended up staying up until 4:30a.m. cleaning out and re-organizing my entire closet, all of my drawers and storage bins, my desk, and my dresser. And I mean really thoroughly cleaned it out. It wound up being a full-day project taking me over 7 hours - but man did it feel good once it was finished! Now I just have to take extra special care not to mess it all up again...

Post-cleaning binge I was perusing the pages of my latest Cosmo and it announced that this year is Facebook's 10th anniversary! Happy Birthday, Facebook! Cosmo then made the suggestion to delete your oldest Facebook album in honor of this milestone.

This got me thinking...when was the last time I spring-cleaned my social media? Social media is such an important part of a person's presence now, especially if you're a blogger, and it matters how you are being perceived. So I have decided to challenge myself to tackle all of my social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest...and just...clean them up a bit.

Those brace-faced albums of me from the summer before entering my freshman year of high school probably don't need to be visible to anyone I'm still trying to remain friends with...and the first 100 or so tweets I posted where I still had no idea what twitter was or what I was doing? Yea those can go too.

So I have decided to devise a spring-cleaning checklist for social media and websites for any of you who might want to give this a try too! (The best part is, you get to clean while sitting in your own bed!)


post signature

4 comments

  1. I like to clean out my social media every once in awhile. My favorite is to better organize my pinterest boards!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I haven't cleaned up my Facebook in a while. Thanks for the tips!

    ~ Joanie
    www.flonmymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a couple of hours last week completely re-organizing and sorting out my pinterest - it was such a mess! It's made me feel a lot better and happier now that it's all sorted now though :)

    Belle // thelifeandtimesofbelleh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete