Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essential Reading: Help for the Haunted

With all of the free time I have had lately during this seemingly never ending "January-Semester" my school has implemented, reading more books has been a major item on my to-do list. As sad as it sounds, I actually tend to get a lot of my book recommendations from my monthly Cosmopolitan! Sometimes I have discovered some of my favorite books of all time!

Unfortunately, however...this is not one of those times. The last recommendation I picked up was Help for the Haunted, by John Searles. 


Don't get me wrong, I did like this book - very well written, definitely mysterious, and a refreshingly new plot that kept me interested...but that's all it did for me. I need a book that keeps me on the edge of my seat so much that I can't put it down, and usually resulting in me finishing it within a day or two (especially because I do most of my reading while on the elliptical, a task I need to be spiced up by an exciting page-turner). 

This plot was so original, and very mysterious - I was curious and intrigued until the very end. I simply think the mystery was dragged out in such a slow and roundabout way that it lost some of its spark. If you are looking for a book that you can pick up and put down whenever you have a few spare moments, I definitely recommend this book! It will keep you guessing and has a bit of a surprise twist towards the end. 

So I suddenly find myself in need of a new book, and preferably one that will keep me up all night, whether it is from laughing out loud or anxiously waiting in suspense! Any suggestions?
post signature

No comments