You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

This semester has been a rocky one for me already, to say the least. With a higher-than-usual course load and extracurricular schedule, high amounts of personal turmoil in a couple different areas, and increasing pressure to find an internship for this summer, it's safe to say I have been operating at my maximum stress level for over a month now. Talk about exhausting...

Finally, a little over a week ago, I hit my breaking point. Luckily amidst my meltdown I was comforted by my darling Little, who is always there for me during my crazy tendencies to flip out (and usually doing the same right alongside me). 

Surprisingly, after I finally just gave in to all my stress and had a several-hour-long crying and venting session, I felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted off of me. I took the day off from classes the next day, spend the morning cleaning and then had an insanely productive two and a half hour workout. Then I did a bunch of errands, worked on a couple blog posts, and decided to finally start managing my stress rather than letting it manage me.

As difficult as it was, I had to evaluate all of the things that are causing me so much stress and anxiety and determine which things I could live without. One quality all of my friends seem to agree upon about me is that I literally never give up - evidently this is my greatest strength and simultaneously my greatest weakness. 


I had to let go of a few things that I was really holding on to - and as hard as it was, I instantly felt this overwhelming wave of relief. New opportunities have already been presenting themselves to me, and I am already finding new little things that make me even happier. I think I needed the step back to recognize which things I actually needed/wanted, and which things I was just clinging to that weren't really there anymore. Sometimes letting go of the things we hold close is the best thing we can do for ourselves, if you can be brave enough.


post signature

2 comments

  1. Sometimes all you need is a crying/venting session to move past what is bothering you, letting all the negative energy out!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete