Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Bye Bye, Biotin!

I seem to be afflicted with the curse of hair that refuses to grow any longer than just past my shoulders. I would give anything to have super long hair, even if it is a pain to take care of! I decided to test out Biotin supplements because so many people I know have had success with them.

I can now let you know...I was not one of those successful people! Yikes.
At first, it worked SO well! I literally woke up one morning and my nails felt so strong it felt as though I could claw my way through drywall! (Don't worry, I didn't try it!)

My hair definitely started to look healthier, and I had just gotten a haircut so it grew much faster. However, once it reached the same length as always, it stopped. Meanwhile, I had been noticing that I was breaking out a lot more than usual (I'm blessed with pretty clear skin, I almost never break out).  I assumed it was just stress, but this continued for almost three months!

Finally, I mentioned it to my housemates and one of them told me when she tried to take biotin she had some weird and freaky side effects as well! I sadly decided to stop taking the vitamins for two weeks to see if my skin cleared up, and it did! 

Don't get me wrong, I would still give anything to have longer hair...but who cares how long my hair is if my skin is a total nightmare! I gave up the biotin and decided to try something else. I went out and bought organix Biotin and Collagen shampoo and conditioner - so far, so good! (And it smells pretty nice, too!)


Have any of you tried biotin or some other beauty trend and had a bad side effect like I did?!

post signature

6 comments

  1. I've heard such good things about Biotin so I'm glad you let us know about the negative side effects as well!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experienced the same thing so I was shocked when it didn't work out the way I expected!

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem with my hair! It won't grow past my collarbones- multiple people told me to try taking biotin and I have tried it multiple times over the years and it just doesn't work for me! I even tried mane and tail and no such luck! If you find something that works for you definitely let me know!

    kTm
    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I get so frustrated that my hair just refuses to grow past a certain length! I'll let you know how this shampoo works out!

      Delete
  3. There is a new biotin conditioner, maybe you should check it out and do a review on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, thank you for sharing it! I will have to look into that next time I run out - I'm always looking for new products to try!

      Delete