Life Lately - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Life Lately

Whew - Where to even begin?! This past month has been an absolute whirlwind. Some days when I wake up I hardly even know what day, week or month it is! I have been all over the place and am finally getting situated in my new home (and all-time favorite city ever - CHICAGO!

I traveled to Pittsburgh, Louisville, Chicago, Vegas, and then back to Chicago to start my summer internship and begin the incredible adventure of this summer! Unfortunately I failed to document half of these excursions very well...and don't have too many pictures, but I did my best! After going straight to Pittsburgh after finals, I drove home to Louisville and finally got to spend some quality time with my best friends. 

Then I drove my entire life (packed "neatly" into my little sedan) up to Chicago before I jetted off to VEGAS with my best friends from high school to celebrate all of us turning 21 in the past two months! It was a total blur, and way too much fun! Plenty of mishaps, starting with nearly missing my flight in the morning, and ending with leaving all of my earrings in my hotel room when I checked out (don't worry, they're mailing them to me!) 

Here are some highlights:

We went to a delicious Mexican restaurant the first night and got complimentary birthday tequila shots, which needless to say did not go down as smoothly as the birthday cake we got afterwards! 

To the right is a picture of the entire group, which is also our spring break crew from high school! Plans are already in the works for a trip to wine country next summer - I am so fortunate to still be so close to all of my lifelong friends from Louisville!

And here I am with my two favorite triplets in the whole world - we have known each other literally since birth, and it was so special to be able to celebrate 21 years of friendship with both of these two girls!

And now, I have FINALLY arrived in Chicago! I have been so mesmerized by the lights, bustle and excitement of everything, I have hardly taken any pictures, but I promise there will be plenty in the very near future! It is a mission of mine this weekend when I finally move into my Lincoln Park apartment with my roommate!


In the meantime, this is the view I have been enjoying from my brother's apartment in River North which he has been so generous to share with me until I can move into my own place. By far the most incredible view I have ever seen in person in this city - I am staring at it as I write this! A glass of wine, Netflix and this view are all I need to look forward to during the work day at my incredible new internship. 

So as you can see, I have been a little bit all over the place, but I am finally getting back into the groove of things and am hoping to catch up on all of my blogging this week, so stay tuned!

post signature

No comments