Love Yourself - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Love Yourself

Certain events in my life lately have brought my attention to something I have a regrettable tendency to forget from time to time...the importance of taking care of yourself.

Not in the sense that you take your vitamins and brush your teeth - I mean really and truly taking care of yourself. Doing something at least once a day that is purely and truly only for you. So often, we get caught up in all of the trials and tribulations of day to day life, and rarely take a moment for ourselves. 

Even when we are spending time alone we are texting our friends about their problems, worrying about things in both the near and far future (that are likely out of our own control), or idly distracting ourselves with internet and shows and little chores. Confidence, in my opinion, is the worst thing a person can lose, one of the easiest things to lose, and one of the hardest things to get back.

I have always been one of those people that likes to keep my phone on loud and with me at all times so that anytime someone needs to reach me for advice, or help, or just to say hello - I'm right there. While this is not a quality I dislike about myself, sometimes it means a never-ending stream of problems. Even when my own life is sorted out, I feel stressed because I'm trying to solve everyone else's problems too! I don't mind helping - I love being there for the people I care about, but sometimes I just need to take a step back, and breathe

So with my move to the city and a few bumpy crises shared amongst friends, I have been reminded of the importance of taking time out to do something special for yourself. Sometimes for me this means painting my nails (which comes with forcing myself to put down my phone, the number one culprit in preventing me from these moments), walking the long way home to enjoy the scenery and finish whatever song I'm enjoying on my iPod, or trying something new that I have always wanted to do (this month: kickboxing!)

Even when life, other people, or your surroundings are making you doubt yourself or what you are capable of and worth, realize that the only thing you need to feel confident is yourself.

                                                                          via

Do yourself a favor, and become your own best friend this week. Your inner self will thank you, and your outer self will show it.

post signature

No comments