Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Barely Visible

Almost a year ago, I did a post about the importance of natural beauty and my minimalistic makeup routine. Most of this is because I've never really understood makeup, I've always preferred a fresh and natural look, and because I was blessed with clear skin that rarely needs much to cover up. 

However, lately I have been doing a little bit of experimenting because I've always been curious about what a difference it could make if I learned how to use just a few staple items (while still looking natural!) Luckily for me, one of my housemates and best friends Summer has perfected the natural look and agreed to try it out on me a few times. I ended up loving everything she did, and the next day we went uptown in Oxford and bought a couple of the products!

Here are my purchases!

 I have always loved Bare Minerals products, so I loved that Summer showed me how to do everything with these! I never understood the obsession over primer, but I could immediately see the difference! My skin just had a smooth glow that it didn't have before.

Next she showed me how and where to put on the concealer (yes, I seriously didn't know how) and followed up with the foundation. The brush was super inexpensive and supposedly lasts longer because of what it's made of, and it's good for the environment! 

As for my bronzer and eyeliner I kept the ones I have always used. So far I have only been doing this full makeup routine on nights out on the weekends, but it's a start! I still don't want to put on a whole face of makeup every single morning, but it is definitely a nice feeling to put in a little extra effort and feel that much better about myself before heading out to parties and bars with my housemates! 

The best part is that all of this still looks extremely natural which is the most important thing to me. I don't want to feel dependent on my makeup the way some girls are (shrieking about how they can't leave the house without putting it on). This is really just a nice bonus thing for special nights, plus it makes getting ready a little bit more fun!

My next experiment will be to see if wearing all of this makeup will mean I have to start washing my face...stay tuned!

post signature

1 comment

  1. A friend of mine uses Bare Minerals and loves them, I'll have to branch out one of these times and experiment like you did!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete