Home Is Where My Stuff Is - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Home Is Where My Stuff Is

One of my favorite things to look at on Pinterest is apartment/home decorations. Now that I'm a senior and living in a house on campus, I am constantly updating and adding to my room to make it feel as much like home as possible. Whenever I do this, I try to keep in mind that in less than a year (cue hyperventilation) I will be moving into an apartment in the real world that I will get to decorate all by myself!

This year, although I stayed in the same house at school, I moved from the basement to the upstairs and got to re-decorate my room a little bit! A lot of it is the same (bedding, desk decorations, picture frames) but it is a completely new space and I think it is my favorite room I have ever had! It is especially important for my room at school to feel like home to me, because with my parents selling my Louisville home, Oxford is the closest thing to a "home base" that I have.

It is a little hard to capture it all in pictures, but I did my best! I am most excited about my three closets - one of which is a HUGE walk-in! I have more storage space than I know what to do with! I even got to separate a spring/summer closet and a fall/winter closet...so spoiled! One whole wall in my room is also a mirror, which I have developed a very love/hate relationship with. It is such a cool feature to the room - but my friends and I have also realized that all you do when you sit in here is stare at yourself! I guess the bright side is I will always notice if I need to hit the gym...

My dad came up and helped me paint the room a gorgeous light blue color, and now that I have been here two weeks I am finally done decorating! (With the exception of one decorating detail I'm debating about, but more on that in a later post!) 

Without further ado, here are some pictures of my new room!

Of course I kept my Gossip Girl painting!

My Two Closets

                                  Spring/Summer                                                 Fall/Winter



Here is my wall of mirrors!


                   
My Walk-In Closet and Jewelry Storage


post signature

2 comments

  1. I really love that artwork and your giant wall mirror! Such a cute room.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete