Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

We Were Liars

All I can say is - Wow. 

I literally only seconds ago just put down the book We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, and I am stunned. Per usual, I devoured this book in only two short days, but it fascinated me in a different way than usual.

I was gripped with the story, watching a mystery unfold right before my eyes, but it was told in such a serene and eloquently written way that it so incredibly rare. This is by far one of my favorite books I have ever read and most definitely my favorite book I have read in a very long time. I picked it up because it was recommended for those who loved Gone Girl, which I read a long time ago and re-read recently before the movie came out (I'm so excited to go see it!)

Even if you haven't read Gone Girl, you absolutely must read We Were Liars. 
I don't want to give away a single bit of it - truthfully I never even read the description which made this all the more fun. 

But for those of you who can't invest in a book without at least feeling certain that you will enjoy it, here is the description from Amazon:

"A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.
 
We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE."


This story is beautiful, captivating,  and devastating all rolled into one. You won't regret it!

Let me know what you think - I'd love to hear from you!

post signature

1 comment

  1. I will definitely check this out because I loved Gone Girl (and Gillian Flynn's other two books). I'm always looking for new book recommendations, so thank you!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete