Blazing The Bourbon Trail - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Blazing The Bourbon Trail

Everyone has their own traditions, but I really think you can't beat the traditions of the South. My extended family and I rented a 15-passenger van today and drove the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky! For those of you who don't know - the Bourbon Trail is basically a map of all of the bourbon distilleries all over Kentucky, where you can tour & taste!

The only thing our little outing was missing was some more Cards Against Humanity and some Bloody Mary's to kick off the day!

By far my favorite distillery was Buffalo Trace - we had the world's greatest tour guide (I'm pretty sure my uncle is planning on inviting him to next year's Christmas party...) Museums and tours used to bore me so much growing up, but I have never learned so many interesting facts as I did today, but I'll just share my favorite one:

There are more barrels of bourbon in Kentucky than there are people! (About 5.4 million barrels vs. 4.5 million people...)

I loved learning about the rich history of my home state - and the bourbon tastings weren't so bad either! Delicious! Definitely some bite to them, but you could really taste the differences and some were much smoother than I expected. 

More than anything, it was just such a blessing to get to spend time reconnecting with my cousins and family members who I hadn't seen in a couple years. I'm so sad to see them leave, but I am already making plans to visit them soon!



Plus I got to wear my brand new J.Crew vest while we explored!

What was your favorite holiday activity with your family?

post signature

1 comment

  1. I've always wanted to travel to a distillery, that sounds like such a fun little trip to do with friends.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete