Back In Black - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Back In Black

With some of my newfound style choices, by far the biggest change is my love for the color black. Truthfully at the beginning of the semester I only owned three black things in my entire closet (excluding my leggings collection), but I started wanting to wear it more and more.

Enter: the greatest pair of jeans I've ever worn. 

Jeans are super tricky for me because I'm really tall, I'm skinny, but I also have hips. Finding a comfortable pair is like a needle in a haystack for me, so when I found the perfect pair of black skinny jeans at Banana Republic (that was the missions the day) I couldn't believe how well they fit or how extremely comfortable they were. If I'd had the money I would have bought one in every single color right then and there. So, thanks to my thin wallet, I left with just the one pair but I was ecstatic, and I wear them constantly

I typically flinch at the thought of putting black with black, or wearing monochromatic outfits at all, but for some reason all I wanted to wear with these jeans was a black top and black ankle booties - a wish that was difficult to fulfill thanks to the aforementioned lack of black in my closet, but I've slowly started to build my collection and I'm always looking out for more! Here are some of my picks.


What do you think? Do you ever wear black on black?

xoxo

2 comments

  1. Love this, I've worn black on black and honestly I love it, but I don't wear it as often! I loved every single clothing that you picked in your picture! :)

    Stephanie | www.stephanieealexandraa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a black leather skirt last summer and got so much use out of it. It's not as outrageous as you would think and there are so many things you could pair it with.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete