Post-Grad Closet Essentials - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Post-Grad Closet Essentials

This post is one that I've been brainstorming for a while, and I think that is because unlike college, life in the real world is a little bit more varied and unpredictable. I also happen to be one of the lucky ones that gets to have a lot of freedom with what I wear to work - jeans, maxi dresses, t-shirt dresses and cute accessories - shy of avoiding short hem lines or revealing tops (which aren't really an issue regardless) - I get to wear clothes that I wear outside of work as well!

So admittedly, if you are one of those that has a less relaxed work wardrobe, I apologize in a advance if this post is of little use to you in that regard, but I still think some of these pieces are absolute must-haves for city life and life beyond the hallowed halls of college campuses.

Because everyone's lives outside of college are so varied, I tried to keep this a little bit more accessory-focused, while still staying as close as possible to what I genuinely wear on an almost-daily basis.




I've been lusting over a pair of olive Jeans all summer, and I am constantly seeing girls wear them at work. In the meantime, I wear my favorite Banana Republic Black Skinny Jeans almost every day, I have 4 pairs! My favorite outfits for work include a pendant necklace (especially my Madewell Knotshine Necklace), a loose tank top (like these super soft ones from Gap), and a pair of cute and comfortable shoes. (I also always keep a pair of comfortable flip flops in my purse for commuting on the train - so much more walking in the city!)

I've noticed that for the first time in my life I actually use a watch to tell time - mostly because now I go to meetings where I don't feel that it's appropriate to be checking my phone. Somehow, however, my phone battery still drains almost twice as fast now, so I never leave home without my portable charger!

In the interest of saving time, I bring my gym clothes, purse items, and lunch box in my gym bag to work so I can go straight to my workout at the end of the work day. (Currently saving up for this gorgeous Lululemon Om For All bag!!).

Now that I have a slightly more relaxed lifestyle than the never-ending party that was my Senior year, I can finally have cute phone cases instead of focusing on maximum protection.

And my (future) gift to myself - a gorgeous work tote. I still use my Longchamp all the time, but I'm really looking forward to having a nice big tote that I can carry to work everyday like this one from Michael Kors.

What are some of your city-life essentials?

post signature

1 comment

  1. In college you never cared much about quality of the items you were buying because your sense of fashion was always changing, but now I tend to buy more classic pieces like the ones above that I will have forever.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete