Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Tis' the Season...Almost!

I know there is much debate about whether or not Christmas decorations & music should pop up before Thanksgiving has even happened - and for the most part, I totally agree - but I love Christmas too much to really mind having a little bit of holiday cheer start early! I've been loving seeing stores slowly start to set up their holiday tables, sales, and Christmas decor. 

I've always been a big fan of Christmas decorations, and my mom always used to go all out when I was growing up so I'm thinking her Christmas cheer must have rubbed off on me (as well as her flair for design - she was an interior decorator, after all!) Having my first real apartment this year has me thinking about ways I can spread the holiday spirit in my place without having to break the bank or be left stuck with a bunch of decorations that I'll have to find storage space for. I'm thinking some crafting nights might be my best option, but the jury is still out!

For now, I'm sticking to enjoying the window shopping and a little bit of imagination, but here were some of my favorite finds when I was wandering around Lincoln Park last Sunday enjoying some of this unseasonably warm weather we've been having!


How cute are these macaroon ornaments?! The pops of color would be so adorable on a tree - even if its just a small desk one like the one I have! I found them at Art Effect, this awesome little boutique near my apartment.


These painted wishbone ornaments in pastels and metallic golds (cue my never-ending obsession with all things gold) gave me some great crafting ideas for a chilly weekend afternoon with some hot chocolate! 


And of course, Paper Source, one of my favorite places to stop in, already has some of the cutest things I've seen so far. I picked up some holiday gift wrap and some gift tags while I was there too!

Is anyone else starting to feel themselves get swept up in the holiday madness yet? Counting down the days until I can start my Christmas movie marathons and string up the lights!

post signature

2 comments

  1. Paper source always has the best holiday goodies! I love their DIY wreaths. This one (http://bit.ly/1I1BCHv) is my all time favorite!

    xo,
    Natalie
    http://www.disneydamsel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so adorable, I didn't even see it when I was shopping! I might have to stop by on my way home this week and pick one up now that I've been getting in the full swing of shopping!

      xo Olivia

      Delete