Christmas in Naples! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Christmas in Naples!

Normally, my annual Christmas getaway to visit my parents in Naples is sweet relief from the winter weather, but this year it's actually been too hot for my taste! The crazy humidity and hot heat had us all sweating in our Christmas finest at the poolside cocktail parties (all six of them!) We've had such a busy social schedule - retirement seems to agree with my parents - that it really made packing light difficult. I've been a major outfit repeater!

Of course I had to have a special dress just for Christmas Eve. I bought this gorgeous emerald green dress at a boutique in Lincoln Park this summer, and kept finding myself "saving it for a special occasion". I'm a little glad I did, because it was perfect for Christmas festivities, but I'm definitely excited to start breaking it out of my closet more often now!


Rufus was pretty excited about all of the festivities too - I'm pretty sure he opened more presents than I did...but watching him play with all of his new squeaky toys was worth ti!



Straying from my usual 'all gold everything' style, I stuck to silver accessories this year and let the dress speak for itself!


What were your Christmas Outfits this year? I've loved catching up with everyone's adorable holiday pictures on Instagram...comment with your IG handle below and I'll be sure to follow you!

Follow me @prepessentials

Happy Holidays Everyone!


post signature

1 comment

  1. I completely understand the heat complaints -- it's 70 in Virginia today! Also, the color of that dress is to die for!

    Makeshift Munch

    ReplyDelete