Brighten Up The Room: Cheap & Easy Flower Decor for Any Season! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Brighten Up The Room: Cheap & Easy Flower Decor for Any Season!

I love flowers. I think they are one of my all-time favorite types of decor, and they make me smile whenever I have them in my apartment. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't love them as much as I do, so it is difficult to have them around all the time. 

Hydrangeas and Peonies are definitely my favorite types of flowers - and having blue and white hydrangeas was always in my vision of my bedroom in Chicago. They go perfectly with my all white color scheme with pops of light blue + gold everywhere. 

I bought some at Trader Joe's towards the end of the summer to try them out (and to cheer myself up while I was still adjusting to my new routine, schedule and life!) and I absolutely loved them. It was honestly the longest I've ever managed to keep flowers alive...they lasted about two full weeks before they started to wilt! I missed them so much once they were gone, so I found some super cheap ones on Amazon and ordered them. 

They required a little bit of trimming down and fluffing, but now I get to have a big bouquet of them every day next to me my bed, and they were just what that corner of my room needed. I love the way they brighten up an otherwise dark and dreary corner of my room - and they really pop! against the exposed brick. 


Flowers are so perfect for brightening up a room, getting these into place inspired me to place a few more small arrangements around the apartment to add some life and color. Unfortunately, those are still on their way to my humble little apartment and won't be here for a few more weeks, but I wanted to share some of the other ways that I love using flowers to brighten up a living space!

Some arrangements that inspire me:


Love the pop of pink - would go perfectly with my all-neutral living room to add a little color. And the best part is you can always change it up!

                                                                                                     via

If you're looking to add some color and life into your life (or just looking to cheer yourself up on these drab and dreary grey winter days), I recommend checking out Bloom Nation. I was recently introduced to the site, and am really excited to try it out the next time I want to send flowers to a friend in need of a pick-me-up. If you haven't heard of them before, they are a flower delivery service that supports local florists on an online marketplace. 

All you have to do is enter the zip code of where you'd like flowers delivered, and they do the rest of the work! Having a mom that owned a local interior design business in Louisville (and who emphatically embraced + supported local flowers shops for all of her decor needs...always) I thought this was such a cool and interesting concepts. I'll always be a firm believer in supporting local businesses and artists, so you should definitely check them out!

I'd love to see the ways you use flowers in your home decor - tweet @prep_essentials or tag me in an instagram @prepessentials to showcase how you use flowers, and I will feature my favorites in a blog post!

post signature

No comments