Easy & Healthy Honey Garlic Chicken - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Easy & Healthy Honey Garlic Chicken

I'm always trying to find new recipes for quick, easy & healthy dinners and lunches to take to work. It turns out, repeating the same handful of recipes gets old very fast. Different summer salads were working well for me, but once it got colder the ingredients were just too pricy to justify (and some days you just really need something more substantial!)

Yesterday, I discovered an amazing recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken - and I truthfully thought it would be a bit of a pain and probably annoyingly costly to make, but I decided to give it a shot (and went on my *second* grocery run of the day...you could say I was bit bored...) I was not disappointed. Most of the ingredients I actually did already have, and the rest I'll have for next time now! It was incredibly easy to make and SO YUMMY! 


I've broken down the recipe for you here - I felt like I was making one of those "Tasty" recipe videos that are all over Facebook and always seem so tempting to try!

Serves 2-4 People. (I used half for dinner with rice, and kept half to bring to work for lunch!)

Ingredients You Need:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thinly sliced and it was perfect) - cut into 1 inch pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of Panko Breadcrumbs
Sesame Seeds (for seasoning)
Fresh Chopped Parsley (for seasoning)

For The Sauce:
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced (1.5 Teaspoons of Pre-Minced Garlic in a Jar = 1 Clove)
Salt & Pepper
Optional: 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (I can't handle spicy, so I opted out of this one!)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Spread the breadcrumbs evenly on a plate.
3. Beat the eggs and place in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Add each piece of chicken to the eggs and toss them to coat evenly. 
5. Coat each piece of chicken with the breadcrumbs evenly and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked (breadcrumbs should appear slightly golden brown).

*When you have about 12 minutes left on your timer, I recommend starting the sauce!*

7. Add the sauce ingredients to a sauce pan and place on medium heat, bringing it to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and stir occasionally for a few more minutes or until chicken is ready.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken in a bowl and toss the chicken to spread the sauce evenly. If you have leftover sauce, use it for dipping!
9. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley. Add to rice and veggies to complete the meal!

Calories: 421      Fat: 11g      Carbohydrates: 42.1g        Sugar: 18.6g         Sodium: 1230mg       Fiber: 3.2g       Protein: 38.7g
I got this nutritional information from the original recipe






 Yum! Just looking at these pictures is making me excited to have it for lunch all over again today. Be on the lookout for more easy & healthy lunch ideas to take to work soon! With all of my traveling finally settling down, I'm trying to get back into my #healthy grind! Not to mention bikini season is just around the corner...

Let me know what you think if you try it! 

post signature

4 comments

  1. this looks amazing! also great because it's dairy free!

    lawandluxuryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo good! My only regret was not making more!

      xo
      Olivia

      Delete
  2. I like that you included nutritional information. Great post !

    ReplyDelete