May Bucket List! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

May Bucket List!

April was a crazy month, to say the least...I was a little bit MIA on the blog between a lot of travel, work being the most hectic its been since I graduated, and some very strange and frustrating health problems that are finally getting back on track after over a month of endless doctor appointments. Things are still pretty crazy, and about to get a lot busier - but it feels good to be somewhat back into a routine of blogging, exercising, and reading! 

I really needed to take a step back and slow down, so this weekend full of rain (while disappointing) ended up being a blessing in disguise. After some much-needed down time with friends & a night to myself catching up on all of my shows - I'm feeling refreshed and ready to take on May! Unfortunately, with all of the craziness of last month, the things on my bucket list most definitely took a backseat (and the weather didn't help, either). 

I'm determined to stick to it better this month, though - and I have some really exciting things coming up, including (at the end of the month) moving to a new apartment with one of my best friends! I have had no clue for months what was going to happen when my lease renewed, and it was a major source of stress for the longest time. Having a roomie to hang with and a location much closer to the train (plus in-unit laundry...score!) is going to be great. Now it's just time to start packing, tossing, and donating...


I found an amazing GiltCity coupon for a month of unlimited PureBarre and I am so excited to try it out. I did a handful of classes back in high school, but never committed to it enough to see any results or really get the hang of things. One of my close friends has been doing it the last couple of months and she looks amazing, so I'm really excited! I'm going to try and pair it with some cardio at my regular gym too...bikini season here I come?? 

The weather and my health issues made things like bike riding a total no-go last month, but I was super excited about trying that out, so I'm carrying it over to this month with a new determination. 

I can't believe it has been a year since I graduated...there are really no words to describe that feeling...but I'm looking forward to going back and seeing some of my absolute closest friends in Oxford to celebrate their accomplishments!

If anyone knows a great spot to sit outside and read/relax in Chicago - please let me know! I'm on the hunt for a handful of new reading spots now that it is warming up. Preferably not sitting directly in grass (permanent sufferer of allergies) but I love finding great new spaces to get lost in a book and continue my 250-book challenge for 2016!

Has anyone else tried out doing something like a monthly bucket list? What have been your favorite things to try so far?!

post signature

No comments