Wedding Weekend + The Perfect Summer Wedding Dress - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Wedding Weekend + The Perfect Summer Wedding Dress

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July with family, friends, food and fireworks! Mine was absolutely perfect - relaxing, low-key, and some quality time spent with my favorite person. We had a wedding in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and it was the best possible weather - and a beautiful venue! 

Saturday was all about the wedding. It was on a farm with a gorgeous Gazebo, a huge barn, an outdoor bar and fun outdoor games like corn-hole (or bags, depending on where you're from!) The inside of the barn was like something straight out of Pinterest, complete with twinkling lights, custom mason jars, beautiful flowers and lanterns to give it a rustic and cozy vibe. It was a blast getting to meet Dalton's friends and neighbors, and I even got him to (almost, kinda, sorta) dance briefly!

There was a lot of thought that went into finding the right dresses and outfits for the various events throughout the weekend (rehearsal dinner, wedding, cocktail hours, 4th of July, etc...) so definitely don't miss my post on Wedding Guest Dresses under $150 later this week (will link it back later!) I unfortunately didn't get to capture all of the outfits this weekend, but am planning on re-taking pictures soon to get the rest!

 Dress | Shoes Necklace (very similar!) | Necklace (Similar #2) | Bracelet (Similar)

*For reference, I am wearing a size medium in the dress and it fit perfectly! No falling down or pulling on it all night long whatsoever. The difference in the medium and large was dramatic, particularly in the chest area so be careful! (They do have free returns, however - so you can always do what I did and test out both!*



The shoes were prefect for an all-day event like a wedding, and definitely the most comfortable pair of wedges I own. My feet felt great all night long (and bonus points that they aren't super tall, keeping me at a "manageable" 6'0"...ha!)

 Necklace (very similar!) | Necklace (Similar #2)



The seersucker material was just the right touch for an outdoor wedding (even if I did make Dalton and I look like a package of cotton candy...guess I should have asked him what color groomsmen were wearing!) I loved that I could get a solid color dress while still having that preppy seersucker look...kept it from feeling too young and still summery!


Capping the night off with a sparkler send-off was a perfect touch, especially since it was a holiday-weekend wedding! It really is the simple details that make the night, and further proved that you don't need to break the bank for a Kardashian-level soiree to have a magical and meaningful night.


Sunday was full of activities, from kayaking around the lake to trying my hand at some golf (hint: still not good, and also reportedly allergic to tall grass...my face blew up like a balloon the rest of the night!) Exploring the area was so much fun, and I can't wait to go back in the fall for more adventuring.




How was your 4th of July weekend? Anyone else have fun summer weddings coming up?? I've been looking forward to this one for so long, and now my calendar feels a little empty! I sense a vacation plan coming up...send out your suggestions!



post signature

No comments