Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

8 Healthy & Easy Snacks On The Go!

I'm a big fan of snacks - and anyone who knows me will probably tell you that they are happier when I have snacks, too (my hangry mood swings are a force to be reckoned with, to put it lightly...) That's why in college when I was walking around campus with a day packed full of classes it was always troublesome for me. I was always feeling forced to snack on something unhealthy, or scarf down food while scurrying across campus.

It took me until my junior year to really master snacking on the go (while staying health-conscious), and even then I think I really only figured it out because I was buying my own groceries. Looking back on it now I absolutely could have picked up a few simple and cheap items at our campus markets to always have a snack on-hand. 

I've put together a list of my all-time favorite healthy and easy snacks to take with you on the go (or pack for a long session at the library) for campus or even for bringing to work post-grad if you tend to have a busier lifestyle!

All of these recipes have no more than 1-4 ingredients and are simple for packing away and tossing into your bag (and I tried to make them fairly walking-across-campus friendly!)


1. Peanut Butter & Banana Rice Cakes
Spread the peanut butter on top of the rice cake and top with banana slices!


2. Yogurt, Honey & Peanut Butter with Apple Slices

Just mix the honey into the yogurt, add the peanut butter (or almond butter) for texture, dip the slices in and enjoy!

3. Avocado Toast
My all-time favorite snack and breakfast!

4. Yogurt + Granola with Berries
Scroll to the bottom of this post for some amazing snack containers to help make this snack a little more portable and easy to bring with you!

5. Hummus & Pita Chips
I was truthfully never a huge hummus person, but I recently discovered edamame hummus and I am totally addicted, so if you feel the same way I recommend hunting some down!

6. Edamame
This snack is great either heated up in the microwave with salt, dipped in soy sauce, or even cold with a dipping sauce such as ranch! So many combinations and the easiest preparation/packing ever!

7. Veggies & Hummus/Dip
There are some great options for packing things like hummus and dips at the bottom of this post - keeping you worry-free about any spills in your purse or tote!

8. Peanut Butter & Banana Roll-Ups
Simply spread the peanut butter on a tortilla (or stuff a pita wrap with it) and add the banana slices. Roll it up and you have a portable snack with great protein and high energy to keep you going all day long!

To make things even easier (and avoid some seriously tragic spills or messes in your backpack or tote, here are some of my favorite containers and snack holders for bringing your bites with you across campus or to the office!



What are your favorite snacks for when you're in a rush or have a long day without time for big meals? I'm always looking for new ideas!

post signature

6 comments

  1. I love peanut butter and banana roll-ups--I make them all the time for myself. I also add granola bits a little bit of honey for sweetness!

    Bryn || The Wine Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so yummy - that's always my go-to when I need a big burst of energy. The granola and honey is actually such an amazing idea...I've never thought of that! Definitely going to try it this week, it's going to be a long one catching up after the long weekend!

      Delete
  2. This dress is so cute! You match the pool!

    -Caroline
    thequeenofthecloset.blogspot.com
    shopqotc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Their pool area was amazing, I knew I had to take pictures while we were waiting to head out to dinner. Couldn't resist!

      Delete
  3. This. Thanks, as a college student, am definitely going to be borrowing some of these. ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad - they definitely came in handy in my later years of college once I figured them out! My favorite for walking around was probably the rice cakes + peanut butter with fruit. So good and always kept me full!

      Delete