5 Wardrobe Staples To Take You From Summer to Fall! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

5 Wardrobe Staples To Take You From Summer to Fall!

It may not feel like it with the heat wave we've been having this week (really, Chicago?) but Fall is upon us. Personally, I couldn't be more excited to break out all of my new fall wardrobe essentials and embrace Fall for the basic and magical season that it is! Bring on the boots, field jackets, cozy sweaters, and gorgeous changing leaves. 

I might be getting just a little bit ahead of myself though...there is plenty of warm weather to go around, and if the last few years have taught us anything, it's that these seasons will be unpredictable! In the meantime, there are thankfully a few fashion essentials that will keep you going for those crazy days with highs of 85 and lows of 55.

Fall is the season of transitional style, and I've picked out my top 5 wardrobe staples to help you navigate these weather patterns in the meantime. Having these simple few things will ensure that you're ready for anything, and look amazing every day!


Long-Sleeved Dresses:
Having a handful of go-to t-shirt dresses can be the perfect thing to throw on for those hot-cold days of early Fall when you're really not sure what weather to expect. If it's on the chillier side, you can pair it with ankle boots and a light scarf. If it's heating up, swap the boots for a pair of flats. This item is super-versatile and a must-have. Shop some of my favorites below!


My all-time favorite t-shirt dress (I own it in three colors, and my friends all have it too) is this super comfy long-sleeve t-shirt dress from Necessary Clothing - and it's only $15!


Ways to Wear It
via | via

Over-Sized Cardigans:
These are great no matter what you wear underneath - pair them with jean shorts and a top, jeans and a tank-top, even a t-shirt dress. Cardigans are perfect for turning warm-weather outfits into something that will resist those fall breezes rolling in, and if you get too hot - just remove and stow in your purse! I've linked my favorite cardigans this season - this Madewell one is my favorite...so soft!

Ways to Wear It
via | via

Chambray Dress:
Possibly one of the best purchases I've made, given how many seasons it works in. Spring, Summer, or Fall, this piece is all about how you accessorize it. Easily worn with a light scarf, ankle booties and even a jacket, there are hundreds of ways to style this look all the way up until winter sets in. While the heat is still around, keep it simple with a belt around the waist, a cute pair of sandals and your favorite pair of sunglasses

Ways to Wear It
via 

Military/Anorak Jackets:
I only recently added one of these to my wardrobe, and I'm already dying to wear it as much as possible this fall. Similar to the cardigan, these can really be paired with any warm weather summer outfit to make it last into the September and October months. Most often seen in olive greens, it's perfect for fall when you combine it with cute scarves, your favorite boots and some comfortable jeans. (Let's not forget how great these are as rain jackets, too!) When the chill really sets in, you can simply add layers underneath and you're all set!

Ways to Wear It:
via | via

Light Scarves:
By far the easiest item to transition the seasons with, a light scarf is one of the first to be unpacked from my under-bed storage because it keeps me cool while I walk to work, but still incorporates the elements of fall. If you stick to neutral colors, these can work all year long (although that didn't stop me from scooping up this one last weekend in Louisville - it was too adorable to resist!) Pair with dresses, tops, or really anything!

Ways to Wear It
via | via

What are your must-haves for transitioning your wardrobe for fall?

post signature

2 comments

  1. Love all these picks--they're all definitely on my wishlist!

    Bryn || The Wine Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the weather to start feeling a bit more like fall soon - I'm ready to bring some of these out of the closet!

      Delete