Fall Reading List 2016! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Fall Reading List 2016!

Despite my seemingly never-ending travel schedule and busy lifestyle these last couple of months, I've still managed to stay fairly on top of my goal to read 250 books this year, and the last handful that I've found have been by far some of my favorites of the entire year. 


I always seem to have a hard time finding and committing to a book, because I want to be fully convinced that I'm going to really love it - it can be a bit of pain when I search for hours, but it's beyond worth it when I read book after book that leaves me gripped from start to finish. If you're looking for a few good reads to sit outside and enjoy some gorgeous fall weather, look no further! I've rounded up some of my favorites that I've read recently for you!



1. Dark Places - Gillian Flynn | You might recognize this author as the same one who penned Gone Girl, and this book certainly lived up to the author's fame. I've been meaning to get around to reading this one for a while, and now I totally regret it! Every time I thought I knew who the villain was, another curve ball was thrown.

2. Dangerous Girls | This one was more fast-paced than the others, and great for a summer time read. A group of high school seniors on Spring Break in Aruba wake up one morning to find their best friend violently killed in her room, and the suspect list gets smaller and smaller. At first, I thought the story-line was predictable, but don't give up on it yet - I was definitely wrong!

3. Free to Fall | Easily my favorite book I've read in a very long time, this one is 100% a must-read. The minute I finished it, I hastily texted my closest friends (and called my parents) telling them the plot summary and insisting that they read it so I can talk about it with them! I think the reason it had me so excited was because I could almost see it happening in real life...picture a technology company that completely dominates the industry with a phone and app that helps you make every single decision in your entire life...and the consequences that can come with that.

4. With Malice | Truthfully, this one is fairly similar to Dangerous Girls - a fast-paced thriller revolving around the secrets, lies and hidden truths of a sudden and shocking death between high school best friends while they are abroad on a trip. I read this one right after Dangerous Girls, probably because I had enjoyed that one so thoroughly.

5. Everything, Everything | I make it a point to never pick out romance novels. They're great stories, but they tend to be as predictable as a book can get, and lately I've been preferring mystery thrillers (a side effect of loving Girl On The Train that still hasn't gone away...) but I am so glad I gave this one a shot. It was described as a book meant for people who loved The Fault In Our Stars, this one is about a girl with an auto-immune disease that has kept her living inside a "bubble" in her home for her 17 years of life. A boy moves in next door, but believe me - this story was anything but predictable. My second favorite book in a very long time!

6. The Perfect Girl - Gilly MacMillan | This author was also featured on my summer reading list this year, and I loved this book even more. Only released this month, the storyline had an incredible way of sucking you in. It's told in the perspectives of several characters, and all of their stories, secrets and thoughts slowly uncover the truth about what happened that night. That's all I'll say, because I don't want to ruin anything, but having finished it only an hour ago, I'm still excited by what a great story it was up until the very last page.

PS - If you're looking for even more suggestions, you can find my favorite books of the summer here, too!

post signature

8 comments

  1. Ahhh Dark Places was one of my favorite books! That's the only one on your list that I've read, I'll have to add a few to my fall reading list!

    xo, Sarah
    www.thekissingbootblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that one too! I am pretty sure I finished it in less than 24 hours, it was too good to put down. Small silver lining to a lot of time in airports lately! These were all amazing, but if you're looking for which book to start with, I recommend Free to Fall!

      xo
      Olivia

      Delete
  2. Ahh I want to read them all, but especially 'The Perfect Girl' & 'Dangerous Girls'. Thanks for all of the great recommendations!
    Dani // http://www.daniellealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both so great! Both kept me guessing all the way to the end, and I couldn't put them down!

      xo
      Olivia

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these! I love trying out new authors so I'm looking forward to something new. I'm thinking the perfect girl - I love books that are written from perspective of different characters.

    Thanks for the recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's the kind of book you like you'll definitely love this one! Sometimes I think authors can get too confusing when they attempt multiple perspectives, but that definitely isn't the case with Perfect Girl. Let me know what you think of it!

      xo
      Olivia

      Delete
  4. These sound really good! Can't wait to check them out!

    Emma | www.creativexplorations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 250 books?!?! Girl that's a crazy (awesome) goal!!! I wasn't a fan of Dark Places myself- it made me kinda queasy!!

    ReplyDelete