Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Flannels for Fall!

With the exception of occasionally stealing a comfy over-sized flannel from my brother growing up, I really didn't start embracing flannels and plaid until this past winter when I found an adorable one that had just the right feminine touches - chambray sleeve cuffs with white polka dots. (Unfortunately, this was a magic find at a boutique in Lincoln Park and I've never been able to find anything like it online!)

However, once I was finally introduced to a plaid flannel I really loved, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I wasn't wearing it more often! (Especially considering how many J.Crew Excursion vests in my closet that they pair perfectly with...) I'm definitely planning on stocking my closet with a few more this year, and have already gotten the ball rolling with this super soft grey one!


If you're anything like I was, and haven't fully embraced the #FallFlannel trend, the problem might just be that you haven't found the right one yet! I've pulled together my favorite fall flannels this year to keep you comfortable, cozy and cute all season long. 


Top Row: Left | Center | Right

Middle Row: Left | Center | Right

Bottom Row: Left | Center | Right

The top row picks are my favorites if you're already a lover of all things flannel and plaid, but need something new and different to add to your collection. The color combinations are gorgeous, and this one is the softest one I've ever felt - I'm so glad I bought it!

The middle row are best for people like me - those who really aren't sure how they plan on styling or wearing a flannel shirt, but are looking to test the waters. These all have really unique and special elements (similar to that one I found last year at that boutique!) so they stand out on their own. I love the wrap-around style of this one, but the peplum at the bottom of this one gives it such a great feminine touch.

The bottom row are the classics - great when paired with a simple vest or worn alone with a classic pair of jeans, bean boots and some thick socks, the styles in this row are timeless. You really can't go wrong with any of them, and they're guaranteed to last for years to come.



How do you style your flannels for fall? I'm still new to wearing them, so I'm looking for more ideas and ways to wear mine!

post signature

No comments