Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Pumpkin Patch in Pittsburgh!

This past weekend was the perfect combination of activities, relaxing, and fall. (If you haven't caught on yet, I really, really love fall...) I spent a long weekend in Wexford, PA visiting Dalton. Heading up there is always such a nice break from the city - we usually find some fun activities outdoors and avoid the usual constant schedule that we're under when he comes to Chicago (not that those aren't fun, too!)

On Sunday, we headed over to the pumpkin patch near his house to find some mini-pumpkins that I could bring home on the plane, taste the different hard ciders, eat an amazing cinnamon roll, and just enjoy being outside! Technically, it was still September...but given that I've been asking him to take me there since sometime in June, I think he is probably excited to have this particular item off of our to-do list! Oops.

It was such a gorgeous day, despite it being a bit warmer and less Fall-like than I imagined, so we managed to snap a few photos while we were there. I was hoping when we finally made the trek that it would be cold enough for boots, light jackets and scarves but unfortunately the weather forecast told a different story so I had to improvise style-wise!



They had so many different flavors of hard cider, I had to sample extras to find the one I liked best!


You know it's been a toasty September when I'm wearing sandals to a pumpkin patch...



We got to watch the cider being made right in front of us, and then drink it fresh! 



Cheers to a successful weekend kicking off fall, festivities, and all things #basic!

Shop my look below!

Has anyone else gotten a head-start on the Fall festivities?! What are your must-do things to get in the spirit for the season?

                                                                             post signature

8 comments

  1. Just discovered your blog and I totally love it! I'm eager to go to a pumpkin patch this fall, but living in Los Angeles now it may be difficult to find one! Love this outfit too, looks so fall and so cute.

    Xo, Kate // asprinkleofkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, I'm so glad you like the blog! I hope you can find one in L.A. - it just doesn't feel like fall without a trip to one!

      Delete
  2. This in-between summer and fall weather stresses me out with what to wear, but you nailed it! This looks like such a fun day, and it's getting me excited to do some fall activities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been tricky, especially when I was packing ahead of time for the weekend and the forecast totally changed on me! I'm SO ready for more fall activities too!

      Delete
  3. Ahh this makes me so excited to go to a pumpkin patch myself!! Cute!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, I might have to go to another one in Chicago too!

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love a good pumpkin patch!

    Xx Taylor
    http://lightscameracatwalk.com/

    ReplyDelete