September Bucket List! - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

September Bucket List!

I'm starting to realize that with each passing month, I've been measuring the passage of time using whatever major weekends plans I have going on because there have been so many plans. As much as I'm loving all of the fun activities and time spent with friends, I am really craving a weekend all to myself full of reading, sleeping, and writing without any schedule...unfortunately/fortunately for me - I won't be getting one of those any time soon!

August was another whirlwind of a month, but in the best possible way! I kicked off the month by heading up to Pittsburgh to visit Dalton, and while it was an admittedly rainy weekend we still managed to spend a lot of time outside! Then I traveled to Mexico with a group of people from work and had an unimaginably good time (you could definitely say my TSA Pre-Check is already paying off!) 

This past weekend we had a huge group of friends from Louisville in town for the Luke Bryan concert, and it's always a blast when that group gets together. Now I'm currently resting up in Louisville with some of my closest friends and family members and taking it easy this weekend...i.e. lots of reading!

Looking into September is making me sleepy just thinking about how busy I will be...but I'm also constantly checking my countdown app because I'm so excited!


While I feel like I've done a decent job at tackling a good amount of the best outdoor Chicago activities this summer, there are still a few key spots I have somehow not gotten around to yet! I keep hearing about how incredibly Cindy's rooftop is, so I'm hoping Dalton and I can head up there in time for the sunset and a few drinks next time he's here. 

With all of the traveling I've been doing, I feel like some of my usual friend time has been seriously lacking (largest apology goes out to my roommate!) so that's the focus of this month! 

Catching up over drinks on the Chicago River Walk, finally trying out the famous Big Star Tacos + Patio, hosting a cookout to enjoy the (hopefully) fall weather, and heading back to Oxford on a road trip to spend Homecoming with some of my closest friends sounds like the most incredible way to soak up the last few rays of summer with my friends.

How are you spending September? Are there any summer bucket list items you still have to get around to before the heat starts to fade??

post signature

2 comments

  1. Love the idea of a monthly bucketlist! I definitely should make a one for September for myself.

    Bryn || The Wine Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should - I highly recommend it! I've made one for every month in 2016 and it has reminded me to try so many new and fun things in Chicago (especially this summer!)

      xo
      Olivia

      Delete