Essentials of the Week - Prep Essentials

Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Essentials of the Week

For those of you who have been reading this blog for a very long time...(hi family and close friends, you guys are the best!) you may possibly remember a series I used to do every Friday called Essentials of the Week. I've been debating it for a while, but I've decided to try it back out and see how it goes!

Essentials of the week will be a collection of amazing articles, videos or links I find that I just have to share, incredible sales happening over the weekend, a product I just discovered and love, a wrap-up of my past week...nothing is really off limits! 

Sometimes it's nice to just skim a few new fun things on a Friday afternoon to pass those last few hours at work and keep things on a lighter note (and I think we could all use a lighter note or two after the way the news has been this year...2016 you have officially been one for the history books!)

With that being said...here are my Essentials of the Week!



Okay, I had to start this week's essentials off with this video...I think I have watched it six times (okay twelve)! If any of you are like me and loved Disney's movie 'Up' with the lovable dog character, Dug, you will crack up at this video. It shows a real life golden retriever wearing a collar like Dug in the movie, and narrating all of his thoughts as he interacts with strangers in a park. How much do I wish I could talk to Wrigley and Rufus?! Too, too much. 

Two | Salad & Go

Move over, fast food - finally someone with business savvy has found a way to make a drive-thru salad bar with healthy - and cheap - options. Granted, I don't drive anymore in Chicago, but this is a huge step for healthy eating everywhere! Welcome to 2016, fast food. 


How much am I obsessing over this buffalo check shirtdress from Madewell?! The limit does not exist (small shoutout to October 3rd and Mean Girls - can you believe it's been twelve years since that came out?!) But really, this shirtdress. If you haven't found the perfect pumpkin patch & apple picking outfit - here it is!


I found this trailer today on my commute home from work, and it looks #hysterical. It looks like it's going to be the perfect humor show of the season this year, you won't want to miss it! It premieres this coming Tuesday, October 11th on ABC at 8:30/7:30 central. I'll definitely be tuning in!


You have to read what this inventive kid in San Francisco did to get noticed by job recruiters...he already has ten interviews and counting!

So that's it for this volume of Essentials of the Week! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the series - whether you'd prefer me to stick to regular posting, keep up the series, or even recommendations you might have for the series! My posts are all about YOU, so I want to write about what you want to read!

Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies! Any fun or exciting weekend plans? I'd love to hear from you!

post signature

3 comments

  1. I like this idea for Friday posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them! Keep an eye out for next Friday's! Have a good weekend!

      Delete