Lifestyle

Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Fashion

Fashion
Fashion

College & Post-Grad

College & Post-Grad
College & Post-Grad

Patios, Puppies & Pumpkins!

This past weekend was such an amazing time...I'm still on cloud nine from how much fun I had! My parents drove down from Michigan with Wrigley & Rufus, and we could not have asked for better weather! Sunny days, light fall breezes and just the right temperature to be comfortable in fall clothes.

My parents arrived on Saturday, so we went to lunch down the street to Bar Cocina (they have an amazing and dog-friendly patio, plus I can't get enough of their tacos!) and my roommate was able to join us for drinks and a lot of puppy love with baby Wrigley. He was quite a hit walking on the sidewalk! I guess looking like a big fluffy toasted marshmallow has that effect on people!

Afterwards, we piled into the car and drove out to the West suburbs to meet up with my brother, sister-in-law, and their three adorable kids. We kept it pretty low-key with drinks, carry-out dinner and some good old football in the living room.

Yesterday, we rounded up the troops (which was quite a task considering children + dogs had us at a dead even match of 5 adults to 5 "kids"! They live in a great neighborhood with a school right behind them and a big playground for everyone to run around in, so we let them burn off some energy while we all chatted and soaked in the gorgeous weather. 

Finally, we finished out the day with a stroll around the adorable downtown of Geneva (it's like the town in Gilmore Girls, but even cuter - no seriously!) and grabbed some pizza before everyone hit the road. Somehow it was overall a relaxing and exhausting weekend all at the same time, but I loved every minute I got to spend with my family and the dogs. 

We even got some spare time to take advantage of the lighting, fall decorations and fall attire to snap some pretty great outfit pictures, too! Wrigley made a pretty great photo companion! You can shop my looks from the weekend at the bottom of this post!













You can shop my looks from this weekend below!

Did anyone else have a great weekend or do anything exciting?!

post signature

8 comments

  1. Omg that puppy is the CUTEST! I'm so in love! Your weekend sounds like so much fun!

    Xo, Kate // asprinkleofkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweetheart, I barely put him down the entire weekend! It was so great, I hope yours was wonderful too!

      Delete
  2. Your dog is the cutest! Loving your fall outfit.

    Felicia | www.prettychicpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, he's such a sweetie! I've been so excited to finally wear fall outfits!

      Delete
  3. Love this festive post!!!

    Jenna from www.visionsofvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I'm loving all of the fall activities!

      Delete
  4. OMG those puppies!!! I know I should focus ont eh fashion, but I just can't. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand - I don't actually look at anything besides my little fluffballs when I look at these pictures either! Like I said, they make great photo props ;)

      Delete